Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Nice one HatsRme I have been waitn to see one of the fruits of his labor. Art has spent a lot of time learning how to make his own Milan hat body's
I am looking forward to seeing one soon myself.:)

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Your smile says it all hatsrme.
Looks like art did a excellent job on that Milan .
Please post interior shot.
Thanks

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Sweet Milan ! it looks so natural, squishy, beautiful, I must have one in my future.

Video is great of the Hatters Shop where all the magic happens..........................

g.durand

One Too Many
GCG--thanks for sharing that nice piece of Art.

SpeedRcrX---:eusa_clap

Ed--thanks for posting the video, and thanks, Art, for showing us the inner sanctum. Although it's a different craft, it takes me back to my past life as a cabinetmaker.

hatsRme--C'est bien sur un chapeau merveilleux! I think one of those may be in my future, too.

Last edited:
Thanks everybody for all the great comments and kind words.

Yes, Mike, it's one of Art's new hand made Milans.

Easy enough, Bond! I'll add photos of the interior tomorrow.

ART FAWCETT IS The BOMB!!!

My new Vintage Silhouettes Mighty MILAN made merveilleusement (marvelously!) by the Master, Mr. Fawcett...

I can't wait for spring! This one has a fantastic casual, textural look... Snappy, yet relaxed. Durable, too! it's going to be the go-to lid this summer, methinks!

Sorry for the re-post...

g.durand

One Too Many
I asked Art to clone a Stratoliner; 2.5 inch brim, Charcoal. I am very pleased.

IMG_3428_zpse35487a8.jpg

IMG_3426_zps99f84ae4.jpg

IMG_3434_zps83ced836.jpg

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Charlie, I do like the looks of that Milan. Those warm brown tones are going to look great during a nice yellow sunset by the lake with a scoop of ice cream this summer!

g.Durand very nice Strat clone! :eusa_clap

GDurand, ma Man! Your Strat. clone COLOR has me seeing a gap in my color rotation. Deep, rich, supple, almost yummy! The charcoal is just beautiful.

Thanks , Rog! Waiting to wear this one is going to make the winter longer. Maybe we'll have to make a trip to the south just to wear this one! :cool:

Last edited:

jrbobbyh

New in Town
OK, I am going to say up front that there are no photos attached to this new hat submission. I will try to get some done before too long, but there is a big problem with that. This color just doesn't photograph well.

I am talking about my new ArtLite Black Cherry. It was done in the same style and proportions as my other favorite hats from Art, with flat black ribbon and binding, a red flourish in the bow. Of course, the art and craftsmanship are impeccable, and I get compliments on it wherever I go.
I have worn it with a dark brown leather jacket, as well as navy, black and grey suits. Perfect with each.

The most difficult thing to convey with this hat is the color. It is black, of course, and can look like a deep black velvet in certain light. Or in a different light, like the richest near-black dark chocolate/brown you can imagine. Or a deep plum. Or black cherry. With each of these, it makes you look again, more closely, because you are not sure what your eyes are telling you.

Have you really looked at Jimmy Stewart's clothes in the movie Vertigo? I would kill for suits that look like those colors and fabrics in that Technicolor films. Colors so rich and unique, even in their simplicity--browns, navy's, etc.--that they look make anything today look cheap, in a way.

This hat is like those colors and perfection of execution.

Thank you again, Art.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner