Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

HatDoc

One of the Regulars
Torpedo said:
Hi,

Midnite Blue is indeed darker than it is apparent in the above photos, like these pics of my own hat in that colour show.

DSC_0014.jpg

Regards!

Torp,

Nice hat.

I agree......MN Blue is indeed dark. The strobe flash brightens it up significantly. Here' a couple of snaps of mine. I'll post some "real" pix later:

Blue1.jpg

Blue2.jpg

Blue3.jpg

Blue4.jpg

Thanks for an awesome hat, Art !!!!!

univibe88

One Too Many
Alucard73 said:
In the end, it was the gaunt faces of my children that swayed me. Sorry Art.

I hope there is some hyperbole in this statement. Regardless, it sounds like you are truly facing some hard times. I hope it all works out for you.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Torpedo said:
I am extremely pleased with the final result.

You should be pleased, Torp. That is a beautiful hat. I really love the dark blue.

Your's is beautiful too, HD. I think I know the next color I'll ask Art for.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Hi,

HatDoc, that one looks terrific, too. A bolder choice of colour constrat, and it works. Is that ribbon a rich maroon? This is what I see in my monitor.

Bob, you would not regret your choice. It is a very handsome colour, not as "bright" as other blues I have seen; and it is not as "serious" as black (this said, I like your latest black hat colour combo, too!).

Regards!

HatDoc

One of the Regulars
Torpedo said:
Hi,

HatDoc, that one looks terrific, too. A bolder choice of colour constrat, and it works. Is that ribbon a rich maroon? This is what I see in my monitor.

Bob, you would not regret your choice. It is a very handsome colour, not as "bright" as other blues I have seen; and it is not as "serious" as black (this said, I like your latest black hat colour combo, too!).

Regards!

Yes.....it's maroon.....a little darker than the photo shows. The flash makes it "pop" a bit. The last photo has no flash and is probably more accurate in color.

I REALLY like yours. It's more subtle than mine. I just told Art to use his imagination with the ribbon treatment, and that's what he came up with. It's very striking in person, but not distracting or "pimpish".

-Randy-

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Randy,

That hat is awesome - I have ordered one Montecristi hat from Panamabob to be blocked and dressed with that same deep rich ruby color ribbon by Art.

It looks really nice - he chooses only fine colors which are not reproduced truthfully by most cameras even with natural daylight photos.

It has style - congratulations.

Tom

duggap

Banned
I like both of your dark blues. I got one about three months ago in the same color and it is my favorite go to hat. I had Art do me the Track Side. I find this blue really easy to wear and goes well with casual or dress. :p

Neil

A-List Customer
Blues

I have a dark moss green on order and after seeing those navy blues, I almost regret it. But then again, I can just buy another one.

jnicktem

One of the Regulars
Blackhorse said:
How about these?

IM001848.jpg

I guess I'm too new to know that Art does Panamas!

IMG_20060616_0001_2.jpg

The proverbial Candy Shop!!! Let's see Mister...I'll have one of those and one of those and...oh heck...I'll just take 'em all!

Okay, I am pretty new at hats. Could anyone tell me anything about the hat on the second shelf to the top, and the second from the right?

Tom-n-Perris

Vendor
I am so excited I just got my notification from Art that his newest creation for my noggin is in the mail. I have no idea what it looks like or any of the specs, all I gave him was the color of the body which is blue smoke and the rest is up to Art. This is my surprise hat for the new year. What a great way to Celebrate the New Year with my 2009 Surprise Hat. I can't wait !!!

Hats are like potato chips, You just can't have one especially a Work of Art! :eek:

spiridon

A-List Customer
I really should quit opening this thread after spending my way thru the holidays! It can be quite frustrating looking at and coveting these hats while unable to purchase one at this time.:eusa_doh: lol

.....but I continue to torture myself anyway!;) :D

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Torpedo and Hatdoc, I love those blue beauties! I've been thinking about that color for my next VS creation and after seeing yours I'm one step closer to making that choice.

Now I know that I've posted these two before,but they are my favorite ones from Art and I snapped these pictures today so please indulge me and forgive the serious expression-these hats give me a lot of pleasure and I'm not as angry as I appear!
The grey one is my first VS and I've had it for about three years now. I asked Art to make me an archetypical 1930's style fedora. It's one of those hats that could fit into that other thread about Hats liking it rough; worn in all weather and never treated like a baby and it still looks fine. The light colored hat is a featherweight in natural. The featherweight has a 2 1/4" brim and the grey has a 2 1/2" brim. Thanks for looking and thank you Mr.Fawcett!

Tom-n-Perris

Vendor
I have in my possession and in my humble opinion one of the finest crafted fedoras that Mr. Art Fawcett has fashioned to date. This superlative creation is just beyond outstanding to me. I want to say THANK YOU ART! This hat is all Art I just gave him the color body blue smoke and told him to do the rest. Here is what he came up with.

I am calling this Fedora the Pyramid of the Moon 1976!
DSCF2930.jpg

The contrasting brim binding really makes it stand out.
DSCF2927.jpg

The ribbon treatment is just superlative and really adds panache to the hat.
DSCF2931.jpg

DSCF2931_2.jpg

DSCF2932.jpg

This purple lining finishes this hat off perfectly
DSCF2933.jpg

Hats are like potato chips, You can't just have one! Especially a "Work of Art"! :eek:

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Stunning! A very nice entry to 2009! Can`t wait to see more during the year. Wear it in pride and health.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR