Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
club30s said:
hello boys

here is a new delivery. there are not very many white hats so I thought I should post this.

hattilted.png

I want to thank Brad Bowers for offering his help with this tough task and of course Art who (despite being very reluctant with this) accepted the project .

Brim is 2.5" and hatband is 1.5" wide

carry on!

Wow. That is sharp. Where did the white body come from? Is it beaver? We need the skinny on this one.:D

tortswon

Practically Family
Club30's, you may be the bravest man on the Lounge! If I looked at that hat in person there would be marks. It is, too be sure, a truly sharp lid. Wear it well and post some noggin shots when your hands are clean. Best, Sam

Doublegun

Practically Family
Not-Bogart13 said:
Time to add my latest VS, which I have named the Toreador (for no good reason - it just hit me).
3820639973_a199e061fb.jpg

This collection includes more angles;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27810273@N04/sets/72157609464241879/

I wanted a black hat that wasn't your everyday black-on-black, but also wanted to avoid the usual trap of red, silver, or white ribbon.

Wonder how that ribbon would look on a midnight blue hat? Thoughts?

club30s

New in Town
handlebar bart said:
Wow. That is sharp. Where did the white body come from? Is it beaver? We need the skinny on this one.:D

Well, it is rabbit actually. I do have white beaver also but that is from 7-8 years ago. If you are interested in white I suggest you contact Art.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
club30s said:
Well, it is rabbit actually. I do have white beaver also but that is from 7-8 years ago. If you are interested in white I suggest you contact Art.

No white hat for me.....my hands and white things are not a good match
635elliott067.jpg

but it sure is sharp.

griffer

Practically Family
It took me a while...

I decided a while back to get an Art Fawcett original.

Due to issues at my end, it took a bit longer than it should, but I got it, and I am very pleased.

Art still remembers the dreaded phone call years ago, "I want a black hat that isn't black."

Well, he took the challenge and found a ribbon that changes colors, and changes the hat, room to room, midday to evening.

Thank you very much for your patience with me, Art; you are a consummate gentlemen artist.

The hat arrived yesterday.

Perfect.

DSCN0537.jpg

(the photo washes it out, doesn't do the deep, silky black and subtle color shifts justice.)

lc1484

One of the Regulars
[
DSCN0537.jpg

(the photo washes it out, doesn't do the deep, silky black and subtle color shifts justice.)[/QUOTE]

Griffer,

Worth the wait, that is a fine looking hat...post some more shots in the sunlight...I'm curious to see the colors in actual light

Nice pick

Larry:eusa_clap

WineGuy

A-List Customer
Hoorah! I'm in the club!

Just got my work of Art.

Heavyweight Whiskey felt, natural edge, tear drop crease, 2 7/8" brim, 5 1/2" crown, dark olive drab 1 5/8" headband with Burgundy contrasting stripe, black lining and light tobacco sweat band.

Now I understand!

IMG_3891.jpg

IMG_3923.jpg

IMG_3922.jpg

This shot gets the color or the felt the best
IMG_3921.jpg

IMG_3901.jpg

IMG_3916.jpg

IMG_3920.jpg

WineGuy

A-List Customer
You know Bart, I spent enough money on ebay vintage hats to buy at least three VS hats and in hind sight I wish I did not buy the ebay hats. Arts hats are better made, custom designed and a perfect fit.

The answer is yes, but Art doesn't know it yet, but I'm going to make him work extra hard on the next one, I'm really going to get into the custom details! Thanks

CRH

Call Me a Cab
WineGuy said:
Heavyweight Whiskey felt, natural edge, tear drop crease, 2 7/8" brim, 5 1/2" crown, dark olive drab 1 5/8" headband with Burgundy contrasting stripe, black lining and light tobacco sweat band.

Now I understand!

Boy, do you ever, Mr. Wineslinger! I can almost taste that whiskey color.

Is that your crease or Art's? It sure is nice. :eusa_clap.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
WineGuy said:
You know Bart, I spent enough money on ebay vintage hats to buy at least three VS hats and in hind sight I wish I did not buy the ebay hats. Arts hats are better made, custom designed and a perfect fit.

The answer is yes, but Art doesn't know it yet, but I'm going to make him work extra hard on the next one, I'm really going to get into the custom details! Thanks
Wine Guy, that is a gorgeous hat!!

HungaryTom

One Too Many
WineGuy said:
Well said.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
This is exactly my point about hats - this is why I never bought any e-bay ones, only VS. There is simply nothing better in terms of value for my (scarce) money.

Welcome to the club - or hat heaven?

Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo