Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Mulceber

Practically Family
Yeah I agree - I'd rethink your unwillingness to go for grays, if for no other reason than to get a blue smoke - they're simply beautiful. But to each his own.[huh] -M

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
So the Blue Smoke is actually grey? I have heard many positive things about the color. Personally, I would get one in Oxblood , but I don't think Mr. Fawcett has that color as an option. Blue Smoke with navy... I'll keep that in mind.

flute

Mulceber

Practically Family
Yep - it's gray with some light blue undertones. The hat I'm wearing in my profile pic is a blue smoke, btw. As for the oxblood, Art doesn't have it. Trust me, if he did, I'd have bought one by now. ;) Good luck! -M

HatDoc

One of the Regulars
Mr. 'H' said:
Here's mine (let me join in on the party!):

DancingattheSpeigaltent.jpg

[/I]

Beautiful. What color is that? Charcoal? Steel? Black?

AEH

One of the Regulars
The "Tommy Johnsen"

Long overdue, let me present my first work of Art, the "Tommy Johnson". Mr. Fawcett made this hat for me in may last year, but because of "technical circumstances" it hasn't been photographed before now.

T_J_1.jpg

T_J_2.jpg

T_J_3.jpg

Not meant to be an exact copy, this hat is inspired by the one the Tommy Johnson caracter, played by Chris Thomas King, wears in "O Brother, Where Art Thou?".

Great hat, gets a lot of compliments, and comments about the fact that a dress hat doesn't have to look lie the standard fedora.

Now contemplating my next order with Art.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
What a way to celebrate page100! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Feraud

Bartender
Wow! :eusa_clap
What a great film inspired hat.
AEH said:
Long overdue, let me present my first work of Art, the "Tommy Johnson". Mr. Fawcett made this hat for me in may last year, but because of "technical circumstances" it hasn't been photographed before now.

T_J_1.jpg

Not meant to be an exact copy, this hat is inspired by the one the Tommy Johnson caracter, played by Chris Thomas King, wears in "O Brother, Where Art Thou?".

anon`

One Too Many
AEH said:

T_J_1.jpg

Great hat, gets a lot of compliments, and comments about the fact that a dress hat doesn't have to look lie the standard fedora.

Now contemplating my next order with Art.
Wait for it... waaaaait for it...

...and the felt is what colour?

;)

AEH

One of the Regulars
daizawaguy said:
What a way to celebrate page100!

Feraud said:
Wow! :eusa_clap
What a great film inspired hat.

Thanks daizawaguy and Feraud. I seem to remember there is a thread somewhere around about hats inspired by movies, but I couldn't find it :)

Anon` said:
and the felt is what colour?

The felt is chocolate. Live it's a little darker than in the pictures.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
daizawaguy said:
What a way to celebrate page100! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

No kidding!:eusa_clap We haven't seen one like that yet and me likey.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
fluteplayer07 said:
So the Blue Smoke is actually grey? I have heard many positive things about the color. Personally, I would get one in Oxblood , but I don't think Mr. Fawcett has that color as an option. Blue Smoke with navy... I'll keep that in mind.

flute

Art does have a deep burgundy color that's close to oxblood. I think the blue smoke a navy works very well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR