Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett's "Empire State" arrived today!

Magus

Practically Family
Greetings all.

A while back Art ordered a leather hatbox from me and after it got to him I ordered a hat. Wellllll lookie what was waitin for me when I got home today! The pictures don’t do it justice at all. It’s a DEEP midnight blue with a very small bound brim. The matching ribbon is something that I have never seen and I LOVE it!

The hatbox was an Empire State building design and somehow the ribbon on this beauty reminds me of skyscrapers seen from the distance. Perhaps it’s his “Empire State” model? I have never felt…felt like this before, not even on my ‘41 Borsalino. Its amazingly light, soft and luscious. The sweatband (which seems sacrilege to call it that) has my initials and is soft soft soft! It floats on my head so lightly I hardly know its there. Can ya tell that I like it?

Its raining hard today, but I will post outside pictures to give a better perspective when I can.

Enjoy.

M

CopyofS8001206.jpg

CopyofS8001209.jpg

CopyofS8001207.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Very nice.

For anyone who hasn't seen the amazing box that Magus made for Art, here you go.
Magus said:
Greetings all,

This is a hatbox I made for Art Fawcette. He asked that I post the pictures so you all could take peek.

Enjoy,
M

S8000982.jpg
S8000991.jpg

S8000990.jpg
S8001002.jpg

S8000994.jpg
S8000996.jpg

S8001005.jpg

MattJH

One Too Many
I emailed Art today for the first time ever and this post makes me all that much more anxious for a response.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
OH Shoot Magus..It lost a stitch in shipping!! The last pleat is to be folded also and I can see where is was stitched. Send it back & I'll take care of it.

Art Fawcett said:
OH Shoot Magus..It lost a stitch in shipping!! The last pleat is to be folded also and I can see where is was stitched. Send it back & I'll take care of it.

Dontcha just hate it when that happens?

I'm getting to where I actually enjoy crafting elaborate bows, but the more elaborate the bow the more stitches it has, and the more stitches the greater the chances that one of 'em will come loose. I'm thinkin' this is especially true of bows made by careful and conscientious hatters (such as you) who go to considerable lengths to make their stitches as inconspicuous as possible. Not that hidden stitches can't be quite secure, but it sure would be less effort to make 'em as big and clunky as the stitches on so many factory-made lids.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Stunning hat.... :eusa_clap :eusa_clap and a stunning hat box! I saw that box in person last fall, and I gotta tell you pictures just do not do it justice! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
Tom

Magus

Practically Family
Art Fawcett said:

I wondered if that was what happened...or if it was stylistic to represent the last "building" fading into the distance.These things happen Art...no worries. Let me see if I can figure it out, I will be VERY careful.

I am rediculously pleased with this beauty. Art you have outdone yourself!
I'll let you know

M

D

demian

Wow.

The hat box is AMAZING. Incredible work. Very elegant and the craftsmanship is the finest..it can be seen from photos alone.

Just the right amount of everything. Tasteful and fun.

Amazing work once again.
Will take a look at the other post to see if you make them to order.

You have really raised the bar for the custom hat with these!

Magus

Practically Family
Feraud said:
Now that is a great looking fedora.
Can you tell us how light the hat is? Do you have a scale you could weight it on?

I happen to have a very accurate shipping scale. It weighs in at 3.2oz.

M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails