Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ascots

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Edward said:
Blame my dodgy typing fingers.... that should have read "Spitfire." No idea why I keep confuddling you guys in my head..... [huh]

It's probably because we both keep going on about Irvins, cravats, Spitfires, the RAF and we are both in Scandinavia ;)

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Edward said:
Is that a matching waistcoat and jacket, or a full 3pc suit? Wondering whether I'm the only person to wear a cravat with a suit....

3 pieces, My Friend. I received many nice compliments dressed like this in Monte Carlo. One fellow exclaimed, "Magnifique!"

Thank you all for your kind comments. :)

Edward

Bartender
Hemingway Jones said:
3 pieces, My Friend. I received many nice compliments dressed like this in Monte Carlo. One fellow exclaimed, "Magnifique!"

Thank you all for your kind comments. :)

Fabulous shade - and to think there was a time when I wouldn't have looked at brown, yet now I'm green with envy of your suit! lol

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thank you, Gentlemen! I appreciate your kind words!

I love that suit. It was marked $1,800 at Neiman Marcus outlet, crossed out a bunch of times all the way to $180! I bought it around 1990 and it still looks great.

Thanks fellows! I appreciate nice comments from stylish gents. :)

Lionheart

One of the Regulars
Hemingway Jones said:
Here's me and my favorite ascot in Monte Carlo earlier today.

Fantastic outfit - the ascot really pulls it together nicely. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the ascot you are sporting in the picture?

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Lionheart said:
Fantastic outfit - the ascot really pulls it together nicely. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the ascot you are sporting in the picture?
It's a Ralph Lauren and the bag is a Barbour, which is my trusty all-purpose travel bag.

Thank you, fellows! :)

Edward

Bartender
I've always said you can transform an outfit simply by changing your shoes... it's amazing how well that goes for so many accessories. With that hat and the cravat, it's a more informal look; add a nice four in hand and fedora, and you'd instantly lok that little bit more formal. I imagine back in the day when people simply had fewer clothes that was how they made the difference to dress appropriately for any occasion.

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Tried out the ascot/cravat/neckslip look... and love it! Very comfortable. :)

neck-slip.jpg

Please disregard the exploding pocket square... :eek:

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
Lee M Roberts said:
You have impeccable taste sir! Are you growing a beard in that first picture though ;) I'm really impressed by your 'tash in the last picture, it's the way to go.

Thank you for your comments. the moustache and beard do tend to comer and go.. at present its a short beard.. but has been as full on as this in the past...
SirRoyston.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo