Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cbez

One Too Many
Curious what you guys think about this shoulder fit. Not exactly too wide/overhang, maybe just a conflict with my shape and the pattern?

Attachments

• 20231121_085240.jpg
    20231121_085240.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 62

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
The sleeves are going in at a very sharp angle (attach to bodice). If anything you probably feel tight in the mobility. But some patterns are just cut like this, they give a very pronounced shoulder look. It would be up to your preference.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I now think there are a few different types of maker shops (single persons mostly) scattered around the Tokyo area. Some are just pattern, some are sew shops with pattern capability and leather treatment capability like Electric Studio, and some are just cut and sew shops. And the Tokyo based brands would use any and all of them for different jackets they stock in their shop. Of course the brand will still feel cohesive because they direct these sub contractors what they want. And the Kansai/Osaka brands is more or less the same but with their cluster of indie supply chain.

Bluechel

Practically Family
Please tell me someone supplies or makes a copy of these pulls? It's so ubiquitous I just know somebody has to at least knock 'em off for mass purchase?
zippp.jpg

Bluechel

Practically Family
Thank you!
YKK chain ring pull zipper

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334231196643

probably available on Amazon / Etsy too, just search using those key words, they aren't expensive.
Didn't even know what they were called. Getting some directly from Schott since I need chrome. And only need the pulls. You'd think Ali Express would have them, never found them, really not even close, and I thought I had google skills.

Al 916

One Too Many
I am not a fan of the knits...
But I have a 'friend' who inadvertently bought this:

s-l1600.jpg

'He' says he bought it for the shearling removable collar which is (he eh.. says) rather good. The leather is not bad either and the horrible patch is made with Velcro. (it's a pretty warm sacket)

Screenshot 2023-11-24 at 18.53.54.png

Normally would avoid this.
He's not delicate ...what do you guys think of the brand (nasty connotations to the name he feels)?

Last edited:

Nacho

Practically Family
Yeah, they come with a whole zipper, but as we all know, it's just the pulls that get lost....don't want to spend five bucks each and toss the zipper. All my Vansons and Schotts are one or two short.

You can search for jump rings on Etsy. They come in different sizes. A bag of 50 - 100 runs you only a few bucks. That will last you a while.

MickeyPunch

Familiar Face
Hi, I’m a fan of the RRL Alston jacket.

RRLFW22013_a_1110x.progressive.jpg

And then in another thread about a chinese store I saw this.

AlstonLeatherJacket01.jpg

AlstonLeatherJacket02.jpg

And I like it quite a bit. I was wondering if the Alston is a design that’s exclusive to RRL or it’s some classic one? Any other maker doing something like it?

Last edited:

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Hi, I’m a fan of the RRL Alston jacket.

RRLFW22013_a_1110x.progressive.jpg

And then in amother thread about a chinese store I saw this.

AlstonLeatherJacket01.jpg

AlstonLeatherJacket02.jpg

And I like it quite a bit. I was wondering if the Alston is a design that’s exclusive to RRL or it’s some classic one? Any other maker doing something like it?
There's no such thing as clothing design being exclusive to a particular maker.

Ralph Lauren was probably inspired by this '30s hunting jacket. The Chinese copied the RRL design.

IMG_1458.jpeg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I wouldn’t do either CXL steer or goatskin for the A2/Happy Days jacket. Like Marc said, CXL don’t mix well with the knits. Aero goatskin is same price as their horsehides. I’d go with one of their medium weight horsehides before either CXL or goatskin.

mlx

New in Town
Can the belt buckle snap, present in some Perfectos to keep the belt buckle from hanging all over, be added to the 613? If so, “DYI” or any taylor can do it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace