Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manolito

Familiar Face
Looks like the P6421 :

The nails underneath the collar are groovy !

nattevagten

A-List Customer
Does anyone know if Aero has longer production times during the summer? During the last sale in October, it only took a few days from 'production' to 'order complete', but now it's been weeks.

Last edited:

3.14nche

One of the Regulars
It looks like it's longer these days.
I placed my order on June 22nd during the sale and I was just asked for confirmation yesterday.
Now moving on to awaiting production.

Bluechel

Practically Family
What us made leather jacket does the snap across the rear zips like this?
snapss.jpg

Nacho

Practically Family
But those are Talon zips...
Could be a replacement zip, no? Brimaco usually used their Lightning zip. But you never know. Have you asked the seller?

This is just my speculation by looking at the only one horrendous photo you posted. Couldn’t even tell it’s a Talon. Judging from the shape of the slider, it could be IDEAL or even LENZIP. Maybe post a few photos of the jacket in full so people have a better idea.

Last edited:

Bluechel

Practically Family
Sorry it's on a jacket that looks just like a vintage Schott cafe racer on the front but has this detail in the back instead of buckles....

AHP91

Practically Family
I ordered a jacket from Japan via Buyee. Was hopeful that the listed value would be under 800 USD as a promotional discount took me under that amount, but it was declared at the original value. Arrived in Alaska and customs asked for additional documentation via the FedEx page. Buyee then confirmed that they went ahead and submitted the paperwok and it was confirmed as received by FedEx.

Tracking info hasn't moved or updated in six business days. FedEx hasn't been able to provide definitive answers, and it seems near impossible to asks U.S. Customs questions. Is this just a 'hurry up and wait' situation? I've read stories of much longer waiting times, but I wanted to know if anyone has any tips or suggestions who also experienced delays.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I ordered a jacket from Japan via Buyee. Was hopeful that the listed value would be under 800 USD as a promotional discount took me under that amount, but it was declared at the original value. Arrived in Alaska and customs asked for additional documentation via the FedEx page. Buyee then confirmed that they went ahead and submitted the paperwok and it was confirmed as received by FedEx.

Tracking info hasn't moved or updated in six business days. FedEx hasn't been able to provide definitive answers, and it seems near impossible to asks U.S. Customs questions. Is this just a 'hurry up and wait' situation? I've read stories of much longer waiting times, but I wanted to know if anyone has any tips or suggestions who also experienced delays.
Contact Buyee until you get high enough in their company they give you a definitive answer.

The way it works logistically is that the goods is technically property of the shipper (buyee) until it gets delivered to you. Only the shipper have any say, until it actually gets delivered to you.

It's most likely missing paperwork. Or worse it could be lost. Either way, only Buyee can do anything about it. There is nothing you can do except contacting Buyee until they give you a definitive answer.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Does anyone know if Aero has longer production times during the summer? During the last sale in October, it only took a few days from 'production' to 'order complete', but now it's been weeks.
I just talked to someone who went through a whole 7 month process to get their Aero jacket through Thurston Bros. Actual wait time with the finished order wasn't that full time, but it does seem that Aero is just taking longer than before, which is true of many makers in fairness.

mvilla

A-List Customer
Late night nonsense question... What would happen if I applied Black Urad to a brown or burgundy leather? Would the Urad pigment actually dye the leather and create some sort of tea core or would it do nothing? Maybe @Marc mndt or @ton312 , who already played plenty with Urad could chime in and give their thoughts on this, just for fun... (Just plain curiosity, not intending to do nothing like this at this moment)

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
^^
Not a nonsense question at all, because Urad actually creates a thin topcoat when it is applied. It does not penetrate much ,most of it stays on top. Will it be enough to create a legit teacore effect? One could experiment on swatches of burgundy leather I suppose.

Bluechel

Practically Family
What can I do to hide the stains on this Uber? It’s very naked deerskin? Very soft. It I’m trying to lose the stains that show over time with a uniform coat of something to darken the whole thing.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn