Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

At a store near you!

ramblinBOB

One of the Regulars
YOU KNOW WALMARTS OF THE DEVIL RIGHT ?? LOL I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SEE SOME YOU GUYS SAYING TO SHOP FOR CLOTHING AT WALMART:eek:

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Walmart is the devil, but the fact is that in many areas of the country it's one of the few places left to shop. My in-laws, for example, can either shop at their local Walmart or drive 45 minutes to the nearest town large enough to support something else. As a consequence, I have a few Walmart garments and I'm surprised at the quality of their "George" line. I have a George pinpoint Oxford button-down shirt and it's much nicer than my Van Heusen shirts (no polyester, for one thing), and right up there with my Chaps shirts, bought at Kohl's. I might even look into those George trousers, as I can't seem to find anything comparable elsewhere.

My favorite place for neo-retro is Target. I purchased one of their plaid pea coats not to long ago and posted it in the Mackinaw thread (I know a plaid peacoat is not a Mackinaw, but it has that feel). Likewise, I'm currently wearing one of the aforementioned Target vests as I type this and I own several of their repp stripe ties.

Great store, Target, especially for a big box.

-Dave

P.S. I wish I'd known about those Stacy Adams "Madison" high top boots, as that's exactly what I was looking for at the beginning of winter, something that looked like a dress shoe, but wouldn't let snow down inside. Next winter, I guess...

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
This is about a brand, not a store, but it's one that be found at very reasonable prices at many discount stores like TJ Maxx and Filene's Basement: Louis Raphael.

Their trousers have a vintage-y cut (they're somewhat high-waisted, though not as high as I'd like). Here's a thread I started about them some months back.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Tomasso said:
Espadrilles.

0268_1.JPG

I remember them from the `80s.
the footware of choice for the sockless MiamiVice crowd.
1352501308_3465935280.jpg

kools

Practically Family
Keep 'em coming. This is very informational as I never check out these kinds of modern stores.

DeaconKC

One Too Many
If you are ever in Hawaii, hit Hilo Hattie's clearance racks. Man did I ever score for a fat guy there. My Hawaiian shirts see most use during the warmer months obviously!

funneman

Practically Family
I received a $25 off certificate in my email from Men's Warehouse last month.
Jumping on thier website I found a pair of Joseph and Feiss corduroy slacks, pleated,
cuffed and marked down half-price from $60.

I marched into the store with my certificate and walked out with the pants.

Total cost to me: $4.99

I bought the waist size a little large, to give me that baggy, vintagy look

254026JF_F08_DF_v4_m565775698305640.jpg

Abyss

Familiar Face
And I was just about to bump it myself, too!

Kohls carries a line of shirts by Arrow, fitted shirts. Right on the package they brag about having a higher armhole and about being thinner in the abdomen. I purchased one and wore it Friday; although not as good as bespoke or made to measure, it's probable one of the better off-the-rack shirts out there.

jacquieblues

New in Town
Goodfella Long Point Collar Shirts

Am going out of my mind trying to find these shirts to purchase.
Contacted Zootsuit store which I found thru this forum but
they could not get the shirt I need in the right size.

If anyone knows where I can purchase these shirts on line I would be most appreciative.

Thanking you in advance~
Jacquie

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Madison Town Boot

I know they've been posted before, but here's a cheaper source if you want the brown or black. They're $99. They are the Stacy Adams boots. Check out Wild West Mercantile.

00015.jpg

I bought a pair each a short time back, just in time for the ice storms. Be warned, the soles are slick right out of the box! I'd like them a little better if at the top there were lace holes instead of hooks--if I tie them a little loose the lace may come off the hooks.

Oh, and here's something odd: they both came with flat, black laces that were way too short! I wound up buying black and brown boot laces so I could wear them.

Cheers,
Tom

PS I think that Cognac color on the Stacy Adams site is very nice--might be worth the extra $26!
PPS Looking the the SA site I see that they're displayed with short, black laces. Wonder if they mean you're not supposed to actually use the hooks?
PPPS Well, OK, I see that the white boots have white laces and the taupe boots have taupe laces. They're still too short. :)

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Younkers had a 'sidewalk' sale last night. Found these two shirt/jacket things. They look 1950s-style to my eyes.
They were originally $70 each, on sale for $10 each.

Lyle and Scott:
LyleScott002.jpg

LyleScott003.jpg

Perry Ellis:
PerryEllis001.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany