Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Attempt #2 - Schott PER70 ( S ! )

LeoLeo

New in Town
4.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 160

LeoLeo

New in Town
it looks better than size M, especially i like its length. but, the question that worries me, will the shoulders stretch a little? they are a little tense

jeo

One Too Many
The steerhide is notorious for stretching. I’m a 36 in Schott but I bought my 618 in a 34 and it has stretched out tremendously.

Perfect. However, PER70 won't stretch much. It's made from a specifically massive, "dry" hide that's unique to Schott, the kind with zero give. No worries though as it looks great on you.

Whether and how much a leather garment will stretch depends on how the leather was tanned. During tanning, leather shrinks. Some tanneries stretch it more during the process, some less. That's the case with every type of leather. It's got nothing to do with an animal it belinged to. PER70 leather is too stiff and thick to stretch but regular Schott steerhide isn't as it's fairly soft and stretchy, which what Jeo has experience with.
I had PER70. One of the best things Schott did, imo. But it won't stretch. Ever.

LeoLeo

New in Town
Whether and how much a leather garment will stretch depends on how the leather was tanned. During tanning, leather shrinks. Some tanneries stretch it more during the process, some less. That's the case with every type of leather. It's got nothing to do with an animal it belinged to. PER70 leather is too stiff and thick to stretch but regular Schott steerhide isn't as it's fairly soft and stretchy, which what Jeo has experience with.
I had PER70. One of the best things Schott did, imo. But it won't stretch. Ever.

Okay, but will it "shrink"? If possible, I'll take a size M and get caught in the rain, he should probably sit down and fit...? I'm still afraid to take S, because the shoulders are 3 cm longer than the jacket..

Shrink? No, never, unless you cook it. Extreme heat shrinks & hardens leather so you don't have to worry

LeoLeo

New in Town
Buy the one you feel comfortable in. My PER70 didn't want to relax much but they ain't all same.
can you show me how yours sits on you? More .. it’s very interesting what he became after a while (creases, patina, etc.)

mumpy

A-List Customer
It is too small in the shoulders for you. You might have to look for another pattern.

I have made this mistake before and eventually, after the buying-new-jacket euphoria goes away you are left with a piece that is not comfortable to wear.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It is too small in the shoulders for you. You might have to look for another pattern.

I have made this mistake before and eventually, after the buying-new-jacket euphoria goes away you are left with a piece that is not comfortable to wear.

Having experienced this pattern block, if he goes up enough to fit his shoulders, everything else will fall into place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael