Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Gear?

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I remembered this thread and felt compelled to mention that I ordered a second hat from them at some point and was not as pleased with the outcome. Without going into the details, the hat arrived in less-than-perfect condition, due to their error in my opinion, and I wasn't thrilled with their response.

So I'm batting .500 with Australian Gear. I may not completely rule them out for future purchases, but I definitely consider them a step below both Everything Australian and Hats Direct.

There's a guy from Australia that bought a Hat from them , and he said he had a similar experience . I deleted my saved website because of what he told me . Others might have better results though .

Obsessed

One of the Regulars
There's a guy from Australia that bought a Hat from them , and he said he had a similar experience . I deleted my saved website because of what he told me . Others might have better results though .

My first order was fine and the issue with the second was mostly just annoying because I was able to fix the problem with the hat with some steam. But their lackadisicsl response and refusal to acknowledge even the potential for any fault on their part irked me.

Ultimately, my sense is that they operate in more of a slapdash manner than EA or Hats Direct, so that while one is still likely to have everything go fine, the chance of a problem is increased to one degree or another. If they have a hat that I “need” that is a three-month wait elsewhere, I might consider ordering from them again, but otherwise I’ll stick with the Big Two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24