Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B-3 Bomber jacket

Giftmacher

One Too Many
Last edited:

Giftmacher

One Too Many
Well..it's not a real USAAF B-3...or even an accurate B-3 repro...but for the price..a nice shearling jacket.
Thanks, so how much it differs from the original? I didn't find any manufacturer's mark, is it some kind of well known repro, or is it impossible to recognize (some crappy Chinese copy maybe?-judging by defects)

cuthbert

One of the Regulars
Can someone suggest headwear that is appropriate with this jacket, except for flight helmets certainly :D

odcrusher.gif

;)

Giftmacher

One Too Many
I see very few of repros has pockets as the original. Each of them are sold for a price around $500. I found Chinese copy too, which is made from real leather, but fake fur, costs $330. What confuses me is that I haven't seen a reproduction that has the label as an original jacket. At least mine is made from real leather and fur too.

normanf

One of the Regulars
I see very few of repros has pockets as the original. Each of them are sold for a price around $500. I found Chinese copy too, which is made from real leather, but fake fur, costs $330. What confuses me is that I haven't seen a reproduction that has the label as an original jacket. At least mine is made from real leather and fur too.

The original B-3 had only map pockets. The repros have handwarmer pockets - not historically accurate and FL purists will frown on it but it makes for a more practical jacket. Unless you want a historically accurate B-3, what you acquired will serve you well for years to come. If the leather is dried out, apply mink oil. It will darken the leather and give the jacket more of that desirable "period" look. Wear yours in good health!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner