Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B. Traven?

Naphtali

Practically Family
While I do not appreciate B. Traven's Treasure of the Sierra Madre, I believe John Huston's screenplay, based upon it, to be superb. But who was B. Traven? Many believe the technical adviser on the motion picture to have been Traven, but Huston did not.

I have seen photographs of B. Traven in 1926 and of the technical adviser that was taken during filming of the motion picture in Mexico in 1947. To my untrained eye, they are the same man. Has analysis, comparable to that done on satellite and aircraft reconnaissance photographs, occurred to confirm whether or not the photographs are the same man?

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I'm a fan of both the novel and film of The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

I may be wrong, but I think they are generally taken to be the same man, and it is very likely that Traven had overseen some of the filming, from what I've heard. I'd be interested in hearing other's thoughts on Traven, as he was a very private, nearly unidentifiable person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails