Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can you identify this movie?

Naphtali

Practically Family
Being unable to identify one particular motion picture has been the equivalent of my having a nagging headache - for decades.

Many years ago I saw a comedy about an elderly wealthy man whose stomach or ulcer problems were likely to kill him. To forestall death, his diet was incredibly bland and bizarre. His relatives were trying to "help" him to die, to inherit his money. A woman, I think his temporary nurse or secretary or niece, for some reason did not believe there was anything wrong with his health. She fed him food, which he ate with relish. Far from becoming ill or dying, he became normal. I think he then left her his money, or she married one of his relatives (perhaps the only relative who wasn't out do do him in??). I think I remember the elderly man as Charles Coburn and the woman as Bette Davis. But I cannot identify this motion picture. I cannot find it among Charles Coburn's work on IMDB.

If anyone recognizes the motion picture, please help me out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred