Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bacon Burger Dogs

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Who has had one of these? They're from the Cosby Show

Going to make them tonight, a test run, and refine the recipe...they look great, but could very easily clog the ol' arteries if'n you have one too many...

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
Sam_Marlow_PI said:
Who has had one of these? They're from the Cosby Show

Going to make them tonight, a test run, and refine the recipe...they look great, but could very easily clog the ol' arteries if'n you have one too many...

Always remember Cosby mentioning them on his show, but thought it was a fictional delight.....What exactly are they, what is your recipe...Have you a photo of those that you've made?

I'm Hungry!!!! LOL!!!!

Thanks!!!

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
BJBAmerica said:
Always remember Cosby mentioning them on his show, but thought it was a fictional delight.....What exactly are they, what is your recipe...Have you a photo of those that you've made?

I'm Hungry!!!! LOL!!!!

Thanks!!!

Dinerman pretty much nailed it, ill have to get pictures tomorrow, we altered the plans to cooking them tomorrow, but made them tonight but right now we used 6 beef franks, 2 pounds of ground beef, 12 bacon slices and tin foil...split the hotdog at about half thickness all the way down and put a half slice of cheese, flatten out the burger and roll the dog in it, salt and pepper the burger then wrap the bacon around and wrap it in tin foil...kind of complicated but we're working on it...says to put on the grill, not over the flame, for half hour then unwrap and brown them on the grill, put in a hoagie bun and go to town baby!!!! more details tomorrow night...:D

Josephine

One Too Many
That reminds me of the Scotch Eggs at Ren Fest: a hardboiled egg wrapped in ground sausage and deep fried, but that's only three levels of artery cloggation, you have 4!

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

Sounds delicious. I haven't tried a bacon dog yet, but I would love to try one. The best dogs I can find today are a spicy polish sausage with chili, cheese, mustard and onions from The Wiener Factory in LA.

factoryext.jpg

factorytoppings.jpg

Makes me hungry just looking at it!:)

P.S.

Marlow and Mr. Lucky: I would like to encourage members to use their location fields to give an idea where on the planet you are. It helps people understand your writing better. Besides, there are plenty of opportunities for cheeky comments.;)

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
MK said:
Sounds delicious. I haven't tried a bacon dog yet, but I would love to try one. The best dogs I can find today are a spicy polish sausage with chili, cheese, mustard and onions from The Wiener Factory in LA.

Makes me hungry just looking at it!:)

P.S.

Marlow and Mr. Lucky: I would like to encourage members to use their location fields to give an idea where on the planet you are. It helps people understand your writing better. Besides, there are plenty of opportunities for cheeky comments.;)
Ted's Hot Dogs, a Western NY institution!
tedsstore.jpg

x169.jpg

Oh, and MK - We are, over the next few months, transitioning our location. Now, ask yourself, where do you Shuffle Off To...

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
There was a place back in Jersey that served them. Can't remember the name, but it was in good ol' Secaucus. They used to stay open until 2am to catch the stragglers heading back from the bars. Good idea. Much needed some nights. :D They also served an amazing pork roll and egg on a hard roll ... giant barrel pickles the size of your arm.

Great. Now I'm starving. Jeez.

Richard

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
What'll Ya Have???

Growing up in Atlanta, there was no shortage of great places for dogs. Dogs of all kinds, but never a bacon burger dog I must admit. The Yellow Jacket (RIP) down by Ga Tech had some of the best or so it was claimed. I personally preffered the Varsity (both owned by Frank Gordy),

800px-The_Varsity_night.jpg

(http://www.thevarsity.com/locations.php?action=view&store_id=9)
and I stop by North Avenue every time I go back. You can get a dog just about anyway you want it (naked, slaw, chilly, cheese or any combination) coupled with an order of rings and a PC or a Frosted Orange and your set. The best however was Fatboys, a small family owned (The Kiprus family) drive inn in Smyrna ( a north west suburb of Atlanta).
http://www.thesmyrnateam.com/blog/2006/11/farewell-fatboy.html
Fatboys closed this past year due to a lease problem and after opening in 1968 it is gone. Their foot long is missed by many as well as the rest of the menu, "South's largest menu".

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Just ate them tonight, ohhhhh boy were they good, i have pictures so ill post them tomorrow or so...good good good i highly recommend y'all make 'em...

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Sam_Marlow_PI said:
Just ate them tonight, ohhhhh boy were they good, i have pictures so ill post them tomorrow or so...good good good i highly recommend y'all make 'em...

I hope the pics are before and not after. There's some things I just don't wanna see. :D

Richard

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
LocktownDog said:
I hope the pics are before and not after. There's some things I just don't wanna see. :D

Richard

lol lol lol definitely before...well i couldnt wait for the camera so there's one bite gone :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner