Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Band collar shirts???

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
I know they were common during the WW and Victorian period. But I'm wondering as to how far after would a common fella wear them???

Would they have been worn well into the 20's???

renor27

One of the Regulars
yes they were worn in the 1920's

I just got a pattern for mens shirts from 1922 can be made with or with out the band. I can get the collars from England .
Going to learn to sew taking a class @ the local JC, so that I can start making 1920's band collar shirt along with a few other articals of clothing.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
IMG_0991.jpg

Copper

One of the Regulars
^ Very nice shirt, Dinerman.

Is that a Ralph Lauren Polo 'Postboy'? I got one of those a little while ago. Its a little short in the arms on me, but I love the look.

pgoat

One Too Many
I recall Peterman selling the Thos. Jefferson shirt for years now.

My wife got me a nice striped version when she was in Ireland about 12 years ago. It's just starting to fray.

Woodfluter

Practically Family
I like band collar shirts in warmer weather, when I know I won't be wearing a jacket, and particularly those that pull over and button only near the neck - the oldest traditional design. Peterman has his interpretation of these, and I have several. Got one recently from his latest catalog that is half-linen, which is a big improvement from my perspective.
- Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails