• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

BATTER UP!

Discussion in 'The Golden Era' started by 2jakes, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

Shoei Ohtani supposedly declined both the Yankees and Red Sox; the Cubs may be in the running. But doubtful.
    I suspect Ohtani will sign with a West Coast team.

2jakes likes this.
  2. [​IMG]

Campy, Pee Wee, Gil, and Jackie hold a pitcher's mound conference with the new acquisition, who's hit a cold spell.

Fading Fast likes this.
  3. Aaaaah...the world’s coldest Dodgers fan at Ebbets Field! :D

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  4. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

Heard word city street n' office suite today is that Ohtani favors Joe Maddon's managerial style.:)
    Does the kid know that Joe would take the ball away from St Peter and give it to Judas?:eek: Hell, Joe'll toss it to Lucifer.;)

2jakes likes this.
  5. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

Just have to say this reminds me of Jeff Smardzija, White Sox-Giants, pitcher extraordinaire and his Sox meltdown.
    Smardj shaved his ERA and landed with San Francisco, a Domer made good.

Cubs sign free agent Tyler Chatwood for the bullpen. Now if Ohtani can be had, with Montgomery the team will have a six gun rotating cylinder pen.:)

Fading Fast, LizzieMaine and 2jakes like this.
  6. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

Cubs sign Brandon Morrow. Bullpen news all good so far:), xceptn' Wade Davis probable departure.:(

2jakes likes this.
  7. Red Sox sign Sam Adams as their new Official Beer. Hey, that'll show the Yankees. Who's this guy Stanton, anyway.

8. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

And I thought Heyward's contract was a heft. :eek:At least Theo:cool: backstabbed the Cards.:D
    Hated to see Starlin Castro leave the Cubs earlier.:( He seemed to fit in with Maddon's diamond plan.:(
    Miller Lite and Vienna Beef dogs are tops.