Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Battle of Britain. A new look.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Watching a TV program about the Battle of Britain. Yes it has been covered many times though this time featuring unseen(unused) footage from the 1968 film of the same name.
Though the purists pick holes in the authenticity of the aircraft and clothing etc, this film has so much action and tells a fairly accurate story which is what brings most audiences in.
Now we have the opposite where the details are so perfect that there is no longer enough money to write a decent story(Red Tails :( )
If you can get it, take a look, it is well worth it.

Mr. Godfrey

Practically Family
Watching a TV program about the Battle of Britain. Yes it has been covered many times though this time featuring unseen(unused) footage from the 1968 film of the same name.
Though the purists pick holes in the authenticity of the aircraft and clothing etc, this film has so much action and tells a fairly accurate story which is what brings most audiences in.
Now we have the opposite where the details are so perfect that there is no longer enough money to write a decent story(Red Tails :( )
If you can get it, take a look, it is well worth it.

Are you talking about 'first light' ? I watched it last night and thought the footage from the film quite good, the way they had made the rain clouds. Could not understand why Mac never took his cap off but apart from that I enjoyed the program.

I recognised Mullion cove at the start of the programme, with Twinwood Control tower and then to Duxford for the take off and landing, also overlooking Kynance Cove at the end of the programme.

[video]http://www.bfsent.com/item_detail.asp?number=31085[/video]

Last edited:

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I've heard tell that even British pilots shot down over England were sometimes mistaken for Germans by surprised folks on the ground. Anyone else heard similar tales?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner