Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL SWEATERS

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
You guys in the USA certainly had some good school sweaters. Here in the UK they were quite plain really, usually navy blue, black or grey long sleeves, although if you were in the cadet squads or cricket teams you had to wear uniform or cricket sweaters in the appropriate colours which were excellent. It was an offence if one was not dressed correctly, one had stay back afterwards and write lines for breaching these regulations. (I wonder if they do that now?)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
The one I recently sold.
DSC_0015-2.jpg

That is the ugliest, most uncomfortable looking slime sweater I've ever seen.

carldelo

One Too Many
This thread reminds me - when I moved to NYC in the late 70s to go to college, I met a girl from MA. She happened to be wearing a woman's letter sweater from my HS in Renton, Washington. Incredibly, the name embroidered inside happened to be a friend of my mother who was in the same class in the late 30s. I recognized the name, as there is a street named after the family in the town. I wish I had taken a picture of it...

Mr black

Familiar Face
Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I just picked this up on Ebay and was wondering if there could be any help on dating it

2qjvtox.jpg

jrcta8.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred