Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beautiful '30s Suit FABRICS

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Vintage Fabric

I picked this fabric up at a garage sale recently, and thought it would be a nice addition to this thread. The scans didn't turn out too well, so let me know if you need better pictures of some fabric.

garage_sale_fabric2.jpg

garage_sale_fabric3.jpg

garage_sale_fabric4.jpg

garage_sale_fabric6.jpg

garage_sale_fabric7.jpg

garage_sale_fabric8.jpg

garage_sale_fabric9.jpg

garage_sale_fabric10.jpg

Vintage Betty

cookie said:
Betty...Top left pic below the bias ribbon on cardboard ....light blue fabric...what is that...wool?

Here is another tweed fabric outlet http://www.harristweedshop.com/tweeds-breanish-02.html

I'll have to find out where the fabric is, and pull it out to answer your question. It's not in the box I have immediately available (The box I have immediately available I pulled out and scanned the fabric shown above. The fabric you want was not in that group).

That's a dangerous link you posted....

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty said:
I'll have to find out where the fabric is, and pull it out to answer your question. It's not in the box I have immediately available (The box I have immediately available I pulled out and scanned the fabric shown above. The fabric you want was not in that group).

That's a dangerous link you posted....

I don't know what the fabric is...but it took me a really, really long time to find the fabric and realize that I already posted it. :eusa_doh:

Here it is again.

garage_sale_fabric7.JPG

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
A blue worsted wool fabric with a woven plaid pattern. This is from a late-1930s sportcoat.

beltedbackjacket36uniontag001-1.jpg

beltedbackjacket36uniontag003.jpg

beltedbackjacket36uniontag004.jpg

And this tweed from an early to mid-1940s 2-piece.

tweedsuit39tag001.jpg

tweedsuit39tag003.jpg

Mid-1940s 3-piece. This one was sent to the Baron.
1blue3-piece001.jpg

1blue3-piece005.jpg

In return I got this from Baron: a mid-1940s DB flannel suit.
Mid-1940sDBflannelsuit002.jpg

Mid-1940sDBflannelsuit005.jpg

Miss Hattie

Familiar Face
Marc Chevalier said:
More 1930s woolens:

Niven20David_01.jpg

Well you’ve certainly made my day with this photograph…. I found this thread in the new post section and thought I would have a quick peek, saw the first suit and said that would make a nice woman’s suit- nudge, nudge- (please send the suit in question to the following address……. Haha I wish). Got to the 3rd page and well, my heart went a flutter- Can I be cheeky? Is it ok for me to copy this picture so I can have a print on my wall?!!! Pretty Please. (You might be guessing and yes, I am indeedy a David Niven admirer!:eek: ) Isn’t he just the tops! Ahhhh-she sighs and slips into a gaze identical to the portrait of Mr Niven! :rolleyes:

Miss Hats x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran