Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beauty Treatments-gearing up for the big event...

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Our family is going on Saturday night to the Art Deco Ball. Daughter Sarah and I have been getting beautified in prep for the Ball. Thursday afternoon we went and had our eyebrows threaded and tinted, and Sarah also had had her lashes tinted. Today we had manicures and pedicures done in deco/40s red shades. Last night and tonite I've been practicing putting on false eyelashes. Sat at 1:30 we have hair appts with a deco hairstylist.

I feel like singing "I enjoy being a girl"!

Any other gals get themselves "done" in prep for an upcoming big vintage event??

macollins

New in Town
It's not quite a vintage event but, my senior prom has a Great Gatsby theme. I was set on wearing '20s clothes but I thought that I would look best in a replica of the green dress that Keira Knightley wore in the movie, "Atonement." The dance is on June 5 (coming up!) and I"ve been busy making the dress. I'm also helping my mother make a bracelet with a vintage belt buckle and some rhinestone hair clips. I'll be doing my own hair in finger waves and giving myself a vintage manicure too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24