Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Before and After, It's a Miracle or Rusty Spilled the Beans . . .

portolan

A-List Customer
but fortunately not on the hat!

Look at this picture . . . see the second green felt from the top in the pile? Major Moore and I picked that one out because the top one had a teeny flaw that I didn't see, but Mike spotted right away.

green.jpg

Now check out this picture that Rusty sent me last night....The same felt, now a magnificent new fedora just itching to get home to Padre Felipe! Ain't she a beauty? Looks really elegant! I can't wait! Thanks Rusty for spilling the beans, but not on the hat! Mike has apparently already had several offers on it . . . thanks Mike, for keeping it for me!

001wqp.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Sweet lid! Love the color.

BTW, am I the only one seeing a camel's eye under the bow?

VERY nice, Padre. Now how about some specifics, please? Brim width, crown heigth pre-crease, ribbon color & widths both band & edge binding? I take it that is Major Mike's tear drop creasing Rusty mentioned...

portolan

A-List Customer
The hat is a beaver beauty made by Major Mike Moore

of Buckaroo Hatters and Secret Hat Society fame. It is the third we have bought from him. Also picking up a western for the wife. It has a 2 3/4 inch brim because I like the brim a bit broad. I was able to pick the exact felt at the Winchester Factory Tour. That is not a regular practice because they don't sell felts to the end user. Mike was there on the tour with us, so I got to pick it out. I have had the unique pleasure of seeing this hat go from felt to finish. I don't know the crown height, but maybe Mike can chip in on that. I believe it is called moss green. I got it to go with my greenish trench coat. It sure looks soft and very classy. I received the Secret Hat Society Chaplain's Ministerial discount so the price is classified. Can't wait!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran