Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Before I Die...

Nigel

One of the Regulars
I would love to become a naturalized US citizen. Still need to take the first step and actually emigrate to the US:eusa_doh: Still trying to persuade the wife....without success.:mad:

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
deadpandiva said:
I want to go before my twin. I can't imagine life without her.

I didn't know you had a twin. Are you both identical? It's great you have such a close bond with your sister.

Pilotguy299

One of the Regulars
easy choices, getting there?

1. I want my 3 kids to have happy lives and find their special someone that loves them for just themselves.

2. I'd like someone (in particular) to know how I feel about them and be ok with it.

3. I want my own working tardis! :p

pgoat

One Too Many
sorry to end that string...

....can I please buy a pair of dress shoes that actually fit? (Yes, I've had customs made - no good). I'd like to dress in a suit just once with something that is comfy without making me look like a referee from the ankles down.

Before I go I'd also like to:

1. Get the hell out of New York

2. Pay off my freakin' credit card (again)

3. see 2 certain groups on the planet shake hands and make nicey-nice (I am trying to avoid the 'p' word)

4. see cures for cancer, AIDS, MS and so forth. Maybe if less time and money and effort was put into the problem behind my previous point, these cures actually could be accomplished in our lifetimes.

I just read how a new chip could eliminate animal testing in labs...that'd be nice to see before I go.

But just for the record, I'd settle for #1 and 2...

Kilted_Surveyor

Familiar Face
Before I Die....

....I want to be the father, friend and husband my father was
....I want to be the person my dog thinks I am
....I want to take the woman of my dreams, who just so happens to be my lovely bride, to Tuscany on a cooking vacation

Pipedream, but...

To sweep one of the lovely ladies of the Lounge off her feet (there are multiple candidates, but I refuse to ID who or how many), settle down and be the kind of father to her kids that my grandfather tried to pinch-hit as for me.

More plausible:

Take a high-performance sportscar out on the Salt Flats and see what it can really do.

Fly aerobatics.

Shoot my way into a Distinguished Expert classification at Camp Perry's National Match competition.

Build something myself. (A replica Fokker Triplane could be interesting...)

fourstarbanner

One of the Regulars
-Have my portrait painted (a real one, not a caricature!)
-Learn French
-Start a food fight
-Fly first class
-Find real love...but I think that's on every gal's list!

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
And a lot of guys', too--just that most of us aren't as overt about "single and hating every nanosecond of it", and very few will actually publicly admit it.;)
*raises both hands* ;)

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Diamondback said:
And a lot of guys', too--just that most of us aren't as overt about "single and hating every nanosecond of it", and very few will actually publicly admit it.;)

Marriage is wonderful,but I truly enjoyed my single life too.Alone time is a valuable commodity to me.I guess you could say I'm my favorite person to hang out with.:D
Oh,would you look at that,I think my narcissism is showing!:p

By the way,I'm really enjoying this thread.Been following it throughout the day and it's really put a smile on my face.Thanks Happyfilmluvguy!
I've never thought about this subject before.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
I'd like to learn to sew and knit, and be able to make my own clothes.
I'd like to travel--both in the U.S. and out.
I want a big farm & to have enough money to run an animal sanctuary of some sort.
The house on said farm would be an antique one that I saved from demolition.
I want to take more art classes & get back into drawing and painting.

I'm sure there are more things on the list, but I can't think of anymore at the moment.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I would like to be able to actually retire and wake up when I want to and basically be able to do whatever comes to mind. I'd still live where I live now and I would hope I could spend time helping other people in some way.
Who knows? It could happen......

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Before I buy the farm I'd like to:
1. Visit England at least one more time.
2. Finally get a ride in my friend's Spitfire (and I don't mean the automobile).
3. Find a woman who will love me despite my faults.

warbird

One Too Many
Spitfire said:
Read this somewhere. makes you think:

"The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it? 'A death.' What's that , a bonus?

I think of the life cycle is all backwards. You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you should go live in an old age home. You get kicked out for being too healthy, go collect your pension then, when you start work, you get a gold watch on your first day. You work for forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You drink alcohol , you party and you get ready for High School. You go to primary school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities, you become a little baby, you go back, you spend your last 9 months floating with luxuries like central heating, spa, room service on tap, and then you finish in a grand orgasm..."
:D

Have you read F. Scott Fitzgerald's short story, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Very similar story to what you describe. If not, you should pick up a copy .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy