Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

belt buckle position and the keepers. Is this correct?

schitzo

Suspended
I assume that the keepers are supposed to be in front of the first belt loop, yes? (On some jeans/trousers there isn't the option anyway, as they don't fit under). So if we accept this premise then the belt is supposed to be worn like this

tannerbatesbelt001.jpg

Does that look right to your eyes?

schitzo

Suspended
asymmetry bothers me most of the time.

In that case what about the slack? If my buckle is worn to the right the slack is centred but if it was in the centre there'd be an excess of leather on the left side :confused:

I agree with you about buckles in the middle

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
In that case what about the slack? If my buckle is worn to the right the slack is centred but if it was in the centre there'd be an excess of leather on the left side :confused:

I agree with you about buckles in the middle

I've been trying to get you an answer all night Schitzo without much luck,you could always E-Mail the manufacturer and ask them and see what they have to say,sorry I've been trying as you'll notice by all my posts.

schitzo

Suspended
I've been trying to get you an answer all night Schitzo without much luck,you could always E-Mail the manufacturer and ask them and see what they have to say,sorry I've been trying as you'll notice by all my posts.

Yes, thanks for those sterling efforts nice hat dude. Please get some sleep now!

I will leave it here for the weekend and then I'll probably email the guy and ask him

Lt.Tom

Familiar Face
I would typically be in the buckle-in-the-center symetrical camp, and not at all agree with Baron about wearing it off-center. But now I'm going to say it depends on what you are wearing. Dressed casually like in the above picture, Baron is right that it is only off-center enough to look like that sort of deliberate nonchalance that is popular today. For a less casual look the only options I see are removing a keeper (but it's such a nice belt!) or buying more trousers with larger beltloops.

A buckle is always 'centered' for me. If a double or large keeper doesn't allow that..then one keeper is removed..or a large keeper is altered. If that doesn't work..the belt isn't for me. Off center just presents a sloppy appearance.
HD

schitzo

Suspended
Update: this thread made me realise that I to prefer my buckles centred. So I sent it back and asked for another. This time with just the one keeper, a bit less excess after the holes and without the makers logo on the exterior. Received the replacement today and am very pleased with it

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
Thanks for the update Shitzo,was going to ask how you made out.You had to admire the look of the one with the two keepers but if it don't work it wouldn't be worth having just because it's pretty.Kind of like what my wife tells me,just cause I'm pretty doesn't mean I don't have to work.(haha)

-Max-

New in Town
I bought a fancy belt buckle because all my friends were doing it, the kind that where the leather slides behind it and there is a hook on the backside. All my friends wore the belt buckle off to one side, and I didn't know why. I was a military man myself, so this sort of thing seemed wrong to me. I wore the buckle directly in front, and then quickly figured out why everyone was wearing them to the side.

Well, I've had a lot of beer and pie since I got out of the service. I don't have a "dunlop", but neither am I a petite flower. The belt buckle digs into the bottom of the gut when I do anything but stand up straight, which is alleviated by moving it over. It's probably why cowboys do it, since they like beer and pie and wearing big belt buckles. Fonzie probably did it just to be different.

I switched back to braces.

kiwilrdg

A-List Customer
On a bit of a tangent but: I wonder if there is any convention for wearing large belt buckles to the side when dancing so it does not get tangled in a lady's dress. That is why if I am wearing a kilt I move my sporran to the side when dancing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy