Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ben Silver for Spring - White Flannel Trousers & More

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Again, our friend Ben Silver has some interesting goods. These white flannel trousers can be had in long rise as well:

HFWP_L.jpg

English White Flannel Trousers
Our remarkable wool flannels, exclusively woven for us in England, are the ultimate in both elegance and comfort. The luxurious creamy white flannel is woven in a summer weight that is intended to keep a gentleman cool, while draping elegantly. As with all flannel trousers, they are practical and durable as well as handsome, and lined to below the knee both front and back. Classically styled with a forward pleat, and meticulously cut with a split waistband for extra comfort and easy alteration, and piped fly seams and crotch lining and a change pocket inside the right front on-seam pocket.

$315.00 US

This jacket is one I'm really coveting.

EDB_R.jpg

English Style Double Breasted Blazer
Our English style double breasted navy wool blazer, in super 110’s wool from the fine Italian mill of Loro Piana, is a year ‘round favorite. Beautifully fashioned, with a gently roped English style shoulder and slightly suppressed waist, peaked lapels, side vents, flap pockets below along with a ticket pocket, and an upper welted pocket for the appropriate silk square; it shows six front buttons and buttons two, in the classic English manner. The blazer button is our own City of London design from our extensive jewelry blazer button collection. As with all of our men’s jackets, it is flawlessly constructed, with a canvas front, hand felled shoulders and lapels.

$695.00 US

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
BEN SILVER: the good, the not-so-good, and the bad.

The good: What great-looking stuff!

The not-so-good: What big prices!

The bad: Apart from ties and cufflinks, Ben Silver togs never seems to show up on eBay or in consignment stores/thrift stores around here (L.A.).

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Baron Kurtz said:
but then if you want exclusively woven (if you believe that you're dreaming) fabric,
It's quite possible, many stores have exclusive agreements with manufacturers and mills.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Baron Kurtz said:
yep, and i suspect that many stores have the same deals with the same mills for the same fabrics which they then pass off as exclusives.
That's true as well. What many stores have is regional exclusivity. For instance, a friend of mine operates a store in Chicago which offers exclusive fabrics from Kiton, Oxxford, Brioni, Zegna, etc..... He is assured that no other store in Chicago, that carries these lines, will have access to these fabrics. But, NY, Boston, etc...... is a different matter.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I keep watching eBay. Maybe thrift stores in the Carolinas turn the stuff up.

The prices are horrific. But man, nice stuff!

Has anyone seen white wool flannels anywhere else?

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Bumping an old thread: Just picked up a silk/linen Ben Silver sport jacket in olive for FIFTEEN DOLLARS. Fits perfectly and is at the dry cleaners getting a pressing now.
And it took 13 years of regular searching to find it anywhere but the store for $800. I've been to the store in Charleston three times, and the goods are always amazing. They even carry the IJ Alden boots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn