Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespke tweed trousers..makers?

WalkingBoy

Familiar Face
Dear all and hello....I'm a recent convert to Tweed, especially the heavy Tweeds made from hard and coarse yarns. I was recently in the UK and found a few pairs of tweed trousers ( not my size) but it inspired me to start looking for tailors who could make me a few pairs of bespoke trousers.
I know it's not technically a suit question, but I'm stumped for leads and where to start looking/asking.
The key is quality of workmanship and attention to the details, because the trousers I'm after resemble more a working pant than a dress pant from the 50's. Straight leg, flat front/no pleats, and button down back pocket flaps. The fit is more narrow leg, more in line with a 60's style and not so fuller 'blousy' shape of the 50's..if that makes sense.
And in a heavy Harris or Lewis or West England Tweed.
I'm very very keen to get a shortlist of tailors together to contact. Can anyone on the Lounge make some suggestions or recommendations, from positive personal experience or what ever.
Any ideas warmly received.

cheerio
M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara