Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Boot Cut Jean

Curly W

New in Town
Black Jack Boots Alligator ( Cognac)

A close up of the alligator boots.
IMG00021-20100930-1911.jpg

Trouble posting pic will try later!

Sorry

kyboots

Practically Family
The Boots

Great boots! I was always a fan of my Lucchese belly gator boots which I wore for something dressy and FQ ostrich for daily wear to the office. Now with the relaxed dress codes I on occasion wear my Wesco engineers with jeans. You can never go wrong with 501's; not as easy to get into nowdays; but the best of the jeans without question for "the look"! John

Bebop

Practically Family
There are probably thousands of good boot cut jeans out there. Everyone has a different fit so trying on as many different pairs is the way to go. What's good for me isn't necessarily good for you.

Unfortunately, 501's are not boot cut. They are straight legged. 517's are boot cut and have a zipper. They also last a long time.

kyboots

Practically Family
Boot Cut

Boot cut just means there is extra room ( flare ) in the pant leg to go over boots. Most dress pants are already cut larger than jeans so it isn't really a problem with them. Jeans are tighter and some skinny cut will not go over boots. Dress pants should be fine regardless and look good. John

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Bebop said:
There are probably thousands of good boot cut jeans out there. Everyone has a different fit so trying on as many different pairs is the way to go. What's good for me isn't necessarily good for you..
I agree wholeheartedly. Several years ago I ventured out on a yearlong quest to find THE pair of perfect fitting jeans. After trying on hundreds of pairs I ended up with a relatively inexpensive ($150) pair from Burberry, of all places.[huh]

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Tomasso said:
I... a relatively inexpensive ($150) pair from Burberry...

We must have different reference points. I would not call $150 inexpensive by a long shot.

I personally would never pay much above thirty for jeans, but they are definitely work clothes for me.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Yeps said:
We must have different reference points. I would not call $150 inexpensive by a long shot.

I personally would never pay much above thirty for jeans, but they are definitely work clothes for me.

:eusa_clap I assumed the zero was a typo.lol

Mav

A-List Customer
Sack up. Wear 501's. "Boot cut," my a**.
Thems of us who wear boots laugh at thems of you who agonize over "cut."

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Please explain why the purchase of a $500 hat from Optimo is met with overwhelming applause while the purchase of a $150 pair of jeans is met with condemnation. Don't bother to answer:rolleyes:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Yeps said:
We must have different reference points. I would not call $150 inexpensive by a long shot..
I said relatively....as denim can get very, very pricey. Or, maybe you are unaware.

Mr Badger

Practically Family
If it's regular, definitely boot cut jeans you're after, you can't go wrong with a pair of dry Wrangler 13MWZ. They're the long-time official Pro Rodeo jeans, have a really great vintage look and cut, are really comfy, long-lasting, sanforized so they won't shrink (too much!), available in a big range of waist sizes and lengths, and can be had from western/outdoor shops for under $30 a pair...

Wrangler13MWZ_full.jpg

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Tomasso said:
Please explain why the purchase of a $500 hat from Optimo is met with overwhelming applause while the purchase of a $150 pair of jeans is met with condemnation. Don't bother to answer:rolleyes:

I said relatively....as denim can get very, very pricey. Or, maybe you are unaware.

Yeah, I was just giving you a hard time about it.

I know you said relatively, but to me that is comparing really expensive jeans to really, really expensive jeans. But clearly we look for different things in jeans, they are not a garment that I would invest much in, but then again, I almost never wear them.

As it stands, I don't really want to be shelling out 500 for a hat either, but that will probably change at some point.

Mav

A-List Customer
Tomasso said:
Because a designer hat is an over- priced luxury,with a certain market, but jeans, no matter all this selvedge crap, are cotton farm/ ranchwear. I wear them when camping, pulling weeds, and greasing up my truck axles.
$150 for a pair of jeans is unfathomable and unconscionable.
And makes me laugh. Buy 'em if they make you feel better about yourself- I'd prefer to spend that on groceries or ammunition.

Edward

Bartender
kyboots said:
Boot cut just means there is extra room ( flare ) in the pant leg to go over boots. Most dress pants are already cut larger than jeans so it isn't really a problem with them. Jeans are tighter and some skinny cut will not go over boots. Dress pants should be fine regardless and look good. John

Bootcut jeans are for hippies! You say boot cut, I say... stealth flares... :p

Now, there's a question.... how far back do bootcut jeans go? As a 'rodeo garment' (for want of a better term), do they predate flares as a fashion item?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic