Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best doggie names ever

davestlouis

Practically Family
I had Turner and Hooch...then Turner got hit by a car and it ruined the whole thing. I also had an American Bulldog named "TwoFace", half his face was brindle, the other half white...I called him Number 2.

I just euthanized my 42 LB Boston Terrier last week, Filbert was his name. He fractured a couple of vertebrae playing frisbee with the kids in the yard, and had paralysis in all 4 legs. One minute he was healthy as a horse, within an hour he couldn;t walk. Great dog, I miss him terribly. The shame of it is, we have other Bostons, and I have to look at them every evening and be reminded of Filbert.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"I have two Italian Greyhounds, "Hunni" and "Modi" which was the Nick name for Modigliani the artist who's painting always seem to look tall and skinny, which seems appropriate"

modigliani.jpg

3545711878_ea444885cf.jpg

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
One of the litter mates to my mother's dog is actually named C'mere. Funny but it is rather awkward.

Our Norwegian Elkhound is named Ullr, we thought it fit. And the litter turned out as a Norse bunch. Leif, Loki, Ansgaar (sp?) and Ullr. It works. Though Ullr has a lot of nicknames, my favorite being Fuzzler.

Cricket

Practically Family
My grandfather was in a wheelchair, and he had an egg carton-like seat to help cushion. The brand of the seat was a Roho.
When a small stray mutt came to our house one evening, he immediately jumped into Paw Paw's seat and made himself at home.

Roho stuck ever since. He was the best dog and friend I had as a child.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
My mom's dog who was mine before college is named Bogart, I am sure I don't need to explain that one. He is a Dalmatian and since people especially women can't resist Dalmatians it seemed a fitting name not to mention his "sad eyes". I have a strict rule of naming my animals after 1940's things, I had a cat named Jitterbug (Like the dance). And I'm looking at getting a Westie this summer and I am trying to figure out a name. I am torn between a few Patton, Kamikaze (my boyfriend is stationed in Japan and it seemed a good mix between WW2 and our lives), Grant, or Rhett (I know that is a bit earlier but I still love the name). So what to you think?

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Diamondback said:
I dunno, "Kamikaze" sounds more like a Jack Russell or Chihuahua with an attitude problem... lol

Hahaha I can see that.... I was just thinking it would be funny to teach him to great people by running head long into them then playing dead. Prehaps I should just make that a training comand.

Might be a good name, but that kind of a greeting could be a little problematic if you and the pup ever encounter someone who doesn't get along with the canine set--even over a quarter-century later, a Norwegian elkhound trying to rip your face off at age 3 ain't something you just forget, y'know?:eek:

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fletch said:
I'm watching Turner Crack Movies. They're playing Merrily We Live (1938), a light Hal Roach screwball directed by Norman Maine, oops, I mean McLeod.

Anyway, Benita Granville comes into the room with 2 floppy eared Great Danes and introduces them to dashing Brian Aherne thusly:

"This dog's name is Get Off The Rug.
And this one's name is You Too."

And this movie is on TCM tomorrow (10/22/09) morning at 3:15 am / 6:15 am depending on your time zone.

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Mrs. Merl said:
One of the litter mates to my mother's dog is actually named C'mere. Funny but it is rather awkward.

Our Norwegian Elkhound is named Ullr, we thought it fit. And the litter turned out as a Norse bunch. Leif, Loki, Ansgaar (sp?) and Ullr. It works. Though Ullr has a lot of nicknames, my favorite being Fuzzler.

Love those moose dogs. My pals name was Caesar but we just called him Mr. Handsome or Mr H.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Diamondback said:
Might be a good name, but that kind of a greeting could be a little problematic if you and the pup ever encounter someone who doesn't get along with the canine set--even over a quarter-century later, a Norwegian elkhound trying to rip your face off at age 3 ain't something you just forget, y'know?:eek:

Yes well that is a good point. I suppose we will have to see, but I still find it to be hummorous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace