Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

best option for torn thread at button hole???

Mister Rivets

One of the Regulars
Hi everyone, I have a button hole where it looks like the thread broke. What can I do to stop it?? has anyone ever had a button hole sewn up by hand?? I love this jacket!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1181 2.jpeg
    IMG_1181 2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1180 2.jpeg
    IMG_1180 2.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 68
Wave a match over the thread elsewhere on the jacket to see if the thread melts (nylon). If it does, you can seal/melt the end so it won’t un-ravel. Otherwise a drop of clear glue (fray check) should hold it in place.

Last edited:

Mister Rivets

One of the Regulars
I did take a lighter to it but I am not sure if its cotton or what material. I contacted Dena to see if she can repair it. I won't mind to much if it looks a bit different. This jacket fits me perfectly on the edge of to small.

Attachments

• tempImageWTipns.png
    tempImageWTipns.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 67

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I see the fray at the end tip there but I also think it should be ok. In my experience these are done on the key hole machine and they are quite sturdy. But some of my jacket also has these frays (usually on the reverse side). I'd say don't over repair it until it starts to unravel which I don't think will happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff