Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best place for a panama hat?

blueoakleyz

New in Town
I've always remembered seeing these kinds of hats in the back of mine but didn't really realize what they were until I got into fedoras. The nice thing is I can choose any style I like and not have to worry about it being screen accurate to Indiana Jones.

What's a good and somewhat cheap place to get panama hats?

is panamahatsdirect good? good quality?

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
You'll see a lot about him here. One thing to keep in mind is that it can take a while to receive the hat if you order one. It's worth the wait!!!

MattJH

One Too Many
carouselvic said:
Contact our own Panamabob. Dollar for dollar you can't beat him.

I'm waiting on two hats from Panamabob right now. The brown "Indiana" fedora (no correlation to the movie, it's a reference to the state) and a 2" brimmed Diamante. They were listed on eBay, so I'll be getting them, presumably, within a week of my order since they're already made and waiting. Can't wait to check them out.

KObalto

One of the Regulars
I got mine from PanamaHatsDirect

and was very pleased with the quality of the weave for the money ( I got a Montecristi Superfino). It was even cheaper than Panama Bob (who I did not yet know about). The blocking on the hat was not so good, though, so I had it re-blocked, bringinging up to Bob's price. My understanding is that Bob offers very good stateside blocking.

Tom-n-Perris

Vendor
If you want one quick go to Ebay member panamahatsecuador this is Panama Bob. You can't go wrong with any of the Panama Hats he has on Ebay. I have four of his Panama Hats and one on order. Here is a pic of one that I picked up on Ebay from Panama Bob.
DSCF2083.jpg

Hats are like potato chips you just can't have one. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart