Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Places to Find Ladies Evening Hats in LA?

clubwitsend

Practically Family
Hello All...

I'm from NYC and will be making a trip to LA this coming week...I'll be shopping at the vintage expo, but would any of you have recommendations for places to find great evening hats in LA for ladies??? I'm familiar with all of the places on La Brea...any other recommendations out there???

Thanks!

Diane

DecoDahlia

Familiar Face
Women's Hats In L.A.

Hi Diane-

Are you looking for vintage hats only, or new hats? When you say "evening hats," do you mean fancy "cocktail hats," or the sort that might be worn with an evening gown. Also, what era are you looking for. Here are a few suggestions, bearing in mind these are vintage stores, so their merchandise changes/varies.

Squaresville
1800 N Vermont Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90027
(323) 669-8464

Ozzie Dots
4637 Hollywood Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Phone: (323) 663-2867
http://www.ozziedots.com/

Ragg Mopp
3816 W Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90026
(323) 666-0550

clubwitsend

Practically Family
Thanks, Dahlia! I've been to Squaresville, and have heard of Ozzie Dots, but I've never gone!

I just LOVE hats, so I'm not being very picky...but I'm mostly looking for 20s-40s vintage hats on this trip. I have one 20s gold sequinned evening turban that I adore and would love to find more evening hats/hair accoutrements of the 20s...I also LOVE the amazing, kooky wool/feather numbers from the late 30s/40s...I'm open to it all!

I'm ALSO a huge fan of tiny tilt toppers, so if there are any amazing new milliners who have them, I would love to see their things!

clubwitsend

Practically Family
Art Fawcett said:
Welcome to the Lounge Clubwitsend

I was going to recommend The Way we Wore on LaBrea but I assume that you know Doris so I won't be helpful there but I DO have a friend whose hat designs are amazing and she is in the LA area. Her name is Susan Murphy and here is her blogspot http://chapeaudujour.blogspot.com/

Those hats are incredible!! I'm an accessory designer, actually...but I haven't been able to formally study millinery. It's on the list. But those are amazing hat blocks! Wow. Does she sell anywhere??? Or by appointment??

Thanks for the nice welcome! :)

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I honestly don't know about the business end of her business Witsend, I just know her as another hatter friend that does amazing work. Why not contact her through her blog?

clubwitsend

Practically Family
DecoDahlia said:
Forgot to mention a really great place to find women's vintage hats.

Playclothes
11422 Moorpark St
Studio City, CA 91602
(818) 755-9559
http://www.vintageplayclothes.com/

Thanks for the "Heads Up," Matt Deckard!

You know what- I've actually been here! It's on my route for sure...I only had 30 mins to shop here last time, but I could have been here all day! Thanks!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran