Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Straw Fedora hats?

Rnmusik

New in Town
Can anyone recommend a good straw hat for summer? I live in New Orleans and like the Fedora style hat but want a straw hat for the summers and in New Orleans the heat is intense any suggestions? My hat size is 7 3/4 which makes it a little more difficult .THANKS

TimBer

New in Town
Marty M.

Marty M. has the best looking straw fedora I have ever seen. I'm going to try to find one before summer. I've already started saving for it. He has a picture of it on page 5 of the what are you wearing today thread.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Rnmusik said:
Best Straw Fedora hats?
These folks ain't bad.

This would work well in NOLA.

teardropopen.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's another place...www.panamahatsdirect.com. I haven't bought one from here, but I have seen this site recommended in the lounge. Actually, I have one of Panama Bob's hats ordered and am expecting it any day now.

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Rnmusik said:
Can anyone recommend a good straw hat for summer? I live in New Orleans and like the Fedora style hat but want a straw hat for the summers and in New Orleans the heat is intense any suggestions? My hat size is 7 3/4 which makes it a little more difficult .THANKS

Price, Quality, Style and service, hands down PanmaBob. I have 6 or more and they handle the Texas heat while looking good.

E-mail us: panamaecuador@yahoo.com

Physical U.S.A. address:
Diana Weber
PO BOX 352
Wolcottville, Indiana, 46795

Phone: 260-227-0789
However, email is best. hatsebay@yahoo.com

Here are a few of mine.

P1000545.jpg

P1000118.jpg

P1000540.jpg

If you are looking for a factory made hat, I also like this Stetson Airway.

P1000123.jpg

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
The best straw hat fedoras that I've ever seen have come from, in no particular order:

Optimo Hats
VS Custom Hats
Batsakes Bros.
Custom Hatter of Buffalo

The best "straw" hats are from Montecristi, Ecuador. A close second, to me, are from Cuenca. Optimo has real, not paper, Milan straw hats that are incredible.

Aerol

A-List Customer
Optimo Hats...

are great, but you'll pay for what you get. When everything's custom, it's hard to put prices on a website. The best advice is to call them and chat with Graham. (773)238-2999

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Aerol said:
When everything's custom, it's hard to put prices on a website. (773)238-2999
Actually, Optimo has a rather extensive inventory of off the shelf hats.

straw2-2.jpg

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Straw Hat Recommendations...

As some of you know I'm quite new to hats. I'd have more than the four I own but Casehopper won't sell me the one's I like :D! Anyway's I'll looking for summer straw hat recommendations. Style is important but cooling ability moreso. Mah big noggin sweats... profusely! Soooo ah needs help, brands, styles.. who to stay away from.

Thanks in advance...

Worf

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Worf,
If you're interested in any of my hats hit me up with a pm. I'm currently cutting down a bit.

For straws: to those like me that sweat a lot in the heat I would recommend one of the Akubra poly-straw hats like the capricorn. They can handle sweat, rain and washing without deforming. A cheap cuenca panama hat from Panama Bob isn't a bad option either if you don't mind not getting it wet. Panamas are lighter and probably a bit cooler but much more fragile than the poly-straw hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda