Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Big Band Swing taught in Conn. HS.

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
I found this and thought about you guys...

Big Band Swing taught in Conn. HS.

Hartford Courant - Hartford,CT,USA
Students Step Up To Joys Of Swing
By Claudia Van Nes, “OLD SAYBROOK -- Jeff Mauri, wearing baggy yellow shorts and sneakers, took the hand of Donna Byrne in the center of the Old Saybrook Middle School gym one recent morning and danced the way his grandparents did…�

The music and the dance style is making a slow come-back!

Wild Root

Gone Home
Cool. It's good to see the East come to the party.

I have been Jitterbugging since 1996 and if you'll pass me that jug, I'll cut a rug till I'm snug as a bug boy! I'm a tellin' ya, it's a panic! I'm real frantic when it comes to going to town with a doll in a gown!

How many solid senders do we have here? Come on, don't be bashful!

Are we all reet?

Root.

jitterbug-dancers-1940.jpg

Brad A. Cox

Familiar Face
I am with you on that Wild Root. With Chicago and Detroit at the front and back door which is old mobster gangland you can't help but to go out slammin' at night. I love to see the bodies flying and hittin' the floor. High schools should teach the values of the old days and ways. They did teach swing band at my old school. Marion H.S. also had the 26th Street Singers which was a swing choir and a swing show act. Both was school funded and still is to this day. Swing baby swing!!! :cool2:

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
I would love for these things to come back in the mainstream so our kicks aren’t so far and few in between.

Norah Jones and Natilie Cole are bringing the Golden Era style of music back into fashion one album at a time… why not the style of dance, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24