Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Biggest treasure... ME!!

Canadave

One Too Many
O.T.

Maj.Nick Danger said:
We always knew that Miss Joeri has got it going on! :eusa_clap
This reminds me! :eek: I owe you a letter. I will try to reply ASAP.

:eek:fftopic: Is it my monitor, or is this font colour hard to read? :eek:fftopic:

David

missjo

Practically Family
LizzieMaine said:
I get the feeling the reporter gal was thinking to herself "hey, maybe I should try this too!"

Very well done!

Hehehe she was very interested in those stockings ;)

missjo

Practically Family
LadyDeWinter said:
Hello Joeri, nice to see you on "TV". Your home looks just perfect. Well done.

Oh the house is nowhere near perfect yet!
The doors need to be replaced, all the electricity needs to be replaced by bakelite versions and I need to put up 1930s wallpaper and rip out the ceiling ;)

But thanks, im getting close!
And now that its been on national tv im getting all sorts of nice emails and phonecalls, including some from old people who want to give me their stuff!! :D

missjo

Practically Family
Cousin Hepcat said:
Too Cool, Miss Joeri. :eusa_clap

(Ever think of relocating to NC, USA? lol lol )

- C H

No im much to happy here, but a nice appartment, a Duesenberg and a 1930s zeppelin to fly with back to the Netherlands now and then, might change my mind :D

pigeon toe

One Too Many
You have such a lovely home. What a great video, you are so charismatic! I feel you on that nostalgia for a time you've never known. I feel that way so often.

A side note -- I'll be studying abroad at the University College of Utrecht next year for 5 months. Is there good vintage shopping around the area and in Amsterdam? I'm very excited, I've never been there before!

missjo

Practically Family
pigeon toe said:
You have such a lovely home. What a great video, you are so charismatic! I feel you on that nostalgia for a time you've never known. I feel that way so often.

If I had the money I would buy a bit of land, build a 1930s village and would invite all of you to come and recreate the 1930s society the way we wished it was ;)

A side note -- I'll be studying abroad at the University College of Utrecht next year for 5 months. Is there good vintage shopping around the area and in Amsterdam? I'm very excited, I've never been there before!

Utrecht is absolutely lovely, lots of history.
Ive enjoyed walking around there a few times, dont know any good shops though, wouldnt remember where they were ;)
Theres plenty in Amsterdam though, let me know when you want to visit this city when you get here, we'll get a cup of tea and I'll show you the local fleamarket and some shops!

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I just saw the video

Great stuff.
It seems that some people are "old souls". You and Wil Root just seem to be more at home with the 1930s than most are at home with their own century.
By the way, nice pictures of Deanna Durbin and Douglas Fairbanks, they are two of my favorites also.
To summarize, I loved seeing you and your home.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

The real Henry

Practically Family
missjoeri said:
Theres plenty in Amsterdam though, let me know when you want to visit this city when you get here, we'll get a cup of tea and I'll show you the local fleamarket and some shops!

Too bad I didn't found a single one when I was in Amsterdam last year, but a lots of coffe shops!:eusa_doh: lol

Maybe I should have asked you for a guided vintage tour!;)

Regards,
Henrik

pigeon toe

One Too Many
missjoeri said:
If I had the money I would buy a bit of land, build a 1930s village and would invite all of you to come and recreate the 1930s society the way we wished it was ;)

Utrecht is absolutely lovely, lots of history.
Ive enjoyed walking around there a few times, dont know any good shops though, wouldnt remember where they were ;)

That would be lovely! I still have quite awhile until I go, but I'm very excited. I'll be sure to let you know when I'm in town!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Totally envious! I love the 1930s, too, but it's impossible for me to take it as far as you have. :( You do it brilliantly!

I liked when they asked you "So you're like an old lady?" I get that all the time.

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
missjoeri said:
Cousin Hepcat said:
Too Cool, Miss Joeri. :eusa_clap

(Ever think of relocating to NC, USA? lol lol )

- C H
No im much to happy here, but a nice appartment, a Duesenberg and a 1930s zeppelin to fly with back to the Netherlands now and then, might change my mind :D
Sorry, this is the best I can do right now... :(

- C H

temp_P1010050.jpg

Lee Lynch

One of the Regulars
missjoeri said:
thanks everybody, most of the time i was just trying not to laugh, especially when I was sitting next to a bed and she asked me where i slept hehehe/

LOL I thought it was funny,too. You shoulda said, "Oh, I sleep right here in this top drawer..."
or, "People didn't sleep in the '30's!"

I loved the interview!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy