Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso Delivery Time to US?

KevG

New in Town
I think one way BK could help potential customers is to summarise what they can currently supply within certain timescales

Something like "we have russet horsehide, labels, snappers, zips, knits for the RW xyz in stock now. So if you order now delivery will be 3 weeks"

Last edited:
I think one way BK could help potential customers is to summarise what they can currently supply within certain timescales

Something like "we have russet horsehide, labels, snappers, zips, knits for the RW xyz in stock now. So if you order now delivery will be 3 weeks"

That would be very helpful.
The problem with that is, it limits the sales to basically what they have on hand. They can't accumulate cash to build their business....place orders with suppliers, etc.
That's why there are banks though...to loan capital to get business started up/pay for expansion.
Back now to the Greek financial crisis. Are there banks in Greece willing/capable of loaning money to a company like BK?

Last edited:

hyptul

Familiar Face
I received "house" Bill Kelso jacket. I ordered a size 48R, but in reality it is closer to 46S. The cut is similar to the original one, that is it is awful, like a punchball - with narrow shoulders and wide belly. Good Wear makes similar jackets.
I like the cut of US Wings jackets a lot more.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I received "house" Bill Kelso jacket. I ordered a size 48R, but in reality it is closer to 46S. The cut is similar to the original one, that is it is awful, like a punchball - with narrow shoulders and wide belly. Good Wear makes similar jackets.
I like the cut of US Wings jackets a lot more.

This is how they were made in the War my friend, but there were significant variations in cut between the A2 contractors. US Wings A2s are not accurate repros and the cut of them may not be pleasing to those who have worn a range of originals.;)

KevG

New in Town
Good points Jeff, agree

I think getting good reliable suppliers is key - in this particular business that seems to be tricky

hyptul

Familiar Face
I am clearly talking about a cut and a size, not about something else. Please take the trouble to read carefully. There was in fact only a few lines.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am clearly talking about a cut and a size, not about something else. Please take the trouble to read carefully. There was in fact only a few lines.

I did read what you said carefully and am aware you do not like the cut. You mention Goodwear making similar jackets, but they are largely made from original A2s that JC has taken apart-hence my comment about original A2s.

This is what I said. Now, people on average are more athletic physique.

I'm 5'9".
Weigh 185#.
44" chest.
Waist 36".
Hobbies are weight lifting and bicycling.
I own several original A2 contracts that fit me beautifully...fitted in the body, comfortable across the chest, back and shoulders.
My favorites of those I've tried/owned are the Dubbow 27798, Monarch, Perry Sportswear.
Other original A2 contracts don't fit me well. The problem area tends to be across the shoulders and/or arm pits.
Just depends on the contract...and the maker.

Aerojoe

Practically Family
I'm 5'9".
Weigh 185#.
44" chest.
Waist 36".
Hobbies are weight lifting and bicycling.
I own several original A2 contracts that fit me beautifully...fitted in the body, comfortable across the chest, back and shoulders.
My favorites of those I've tried/owned are the Dubbow 27798, Monarch, Perry Sportswear.
Other original A2 contracts don't fit me well. The problem area tends to be across the shoulders and/or arm pits.
Just depends on the contract...and the maker.

I lift too. Any A-2 that fits my shoulders is huge around my belly and sleeves are always way too long. Sleeves are an easy fix but not belly. You have to taper the jacket which is a shovel work.

I'm 48+x35. I haven't started back lifting, but if I do, it will make it harder to get a good-fitting jacket. It's almost impossible now...Maybe I should go back to shoes/boots and watches.

Aerojoe

Practically Family
Leave shoes to wife :D Good fitting A-2s are difficult to find whenever you have an athletic body type but not G-1 and family. Lot of G-1s are wide at shoulder and very tight around belly, just perfect. If mouton collars are too hot, we'll always have ANJ-3. I'm going to get me one myself, with no epaulets.

Leave shoes to wife :D Good fitting A-2s are difficult to find whenever you have an athletic body type but not G-1 and family. Lot of G-1s are wide at shoulder and very tight around belly, just perfect. If mouton collars are too hot, we'll always have ANJ-3. I'm going to get me one myself, with no epaulets.
I've been thinking more and more along those lines AJ! I keep drooling over "767fo's" GW M-422. It's a couple Ben's more, but man, it's the absolutely most gorgeous thing around. Harder for me to get wearing time in though being in LA...

too much coffee

Practically Family
I can feel your pain :Cry: It happens the same here. And this one used to be a cold place to live. We have to move to Sweden once for good. I don't know Swedish yet though. [huh]

Not to worry Aerojoe.....wild balls (Joakim) will teach us. Then we can all run around a strange tree (Hoosier Daddy will be in his loin cloth) and chase after the lambs while waiting on a good supper of Vindaloo. The next day we can round up the mature sheep and shear them for Scott's M-422! We'll give the remainder of the mouton to brother PLATON. We just have to keep the sheep away from HD.

coffee

Last edited:
Not to worry Aerojoe.....wild balls (Joakim) will teach us. Then we can all run around a strange tree (Hoosier Daddy will be in his loin cloth) and chase after the lambs while waiting on a good supper of vinadoo. The next day we can round up the mature sheep and shear them for Scott's M-422! We'll give the remainder of the mouton to brother PLATON. We just have to keep the sheep away from HD.

coffee

Hmmm..do like leg O lamb. Loin cloth of Kudo lined in easy off and on satin sounds good. Gotta email Amanda now ;)

HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy