Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso Duke in Victory HH

I think it's regular seal.
The dark Victory was very dark....almost blackish if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Stunning Jacket I am jealous Fits perfect!!

here is an album with pics of ELMC Californian in Italian HH, the BK Duke in Vicotory HH and GW Ventura in Shinki HH. You can enlarge the pictures there for a close up.

2LQ5XET-TJOYAKD1r4WR5uwUG-jngsj2bJg4hQw7AGV4HTqz8IPIvDh3CvhlN1u-eoeDNQFkXF0FM61GDXzRzRiMi4_YmKJ4tE4FZ3ldq0zrGv4_kVFULXz21q_cG3R1Nvgy6wFV78W1sUmIYkhQ-84GWryFMZ1EVVq70EY8j5EPb8hoODDUIYWUl5XAu05GEIhjarYokPoXUqUAsJ0MA795TkBpHpfqV8p73kBbz7ruIuN1ZkcVkf643_xWEyfW15v55EWfjpJfZJ4_FufIJjsC2vv-ElWExj1zpOrPHks0-hbW8GcYJ0wZa1QrchjnijbqPKyuoS6YYpRyQiU1E_tY_ARoexCtcR-rHmDGpsymC9zpBMBrmIWv3SR90BTRCrVohORD-Gny42m0-m8E_CJ4EwqBP49PlwmacoOd_EAZWAwsbzmyVNGOd3jXBP9O00F3MFN63wHP95Zr_5dwAQxYVKz7qwFOLbFMCFgYR5KAnQdTAXcp9P3nSuR6yIF8uaK5JxLfw6a2ypHAM0RroHMlCNGk2Lf2EilCZ3-FaBQR=w979-h650-no

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I hate to say it, but to me the BK is the nicest!

Thank you for taking the time to do this.

John Chapman said that was some of the first Shinki he used. I like each of the jackets. The ELMC Cali is such a fun unassuming jacket. The Victory HH is much heavier than either of the other two. I don't know what weight is available in the Victory. Is is soft and very pliable. I got it fairly new and it was never stiff, just heavy.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^ Thats good info TM. I have seen the ELMC Californian in person and it is on the lighter side (not Mall light, but lighter than Vicenza or Shinki, and certainly MUCH lighter than Horween FQHH). Shinki and Vicenza are both mid-weight leathers -- the perfect weight for my personal preference. I was not aware that the Victory HH is heavier than Shinki -- thats interesting -- I had guessed that it would be similar in weight to Vicenza. Is the Victory hide similar in weight to Horween's FQHH, or somewhere in between?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
^ Thats good info TM. I have seen the ELMC Californian in person and it is on the lighter side (not Mall light, but lighter than Vicenza or Shinki, and certainly MUCH lighter than Horween FQHH). Shinki and Vicenza are both mid-weight leathers -- the perfect weight for my personal preference. I was not aware that the Victory HH is heavier than Shinki -- thats interesting -- I had guessed that it would be similar in weight to Vicenza. Is the Victory hide similar in weight to Horween's FQHH, or somewhere in between?

The Duke is in the heavy range, I think I quoted 6 pounds above and that figure seems light. It is at least that. I had brand new Aero Cafe in heavy Horween and the Duke is more similar to that. The Aero was very, very stiff when new. The Duke was never stiff. The softness, pliabilty of the Victory is the most striking feature. I've seen pictures of well broken in Horween jackets that have more the look of Victory. I didn't include the Heron in those pics. It is nothing like the Heron. Maybe they make the Duke is a heavier weight than their other styles, I don't know. The Victory always stands out in a picture. It is the best smelling leather, very sweet.

The ELMC Cali has some sort of distressing done by the maker, so it has different grain all over. The light weight is one of the features I like about it, plus the fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats