Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso Werber 42-1402-P (in Antique Victory Horsehide) Size 40 (part the first)

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
This is the second post on behalf of Matt (showing his Bill Kelso Werber 42-1402-P A-2).

As before, just a brief visit - please direct any questions/comments (Majormajor) to Andy F. For FL membership, I have no stake in BK (not a shill, etc., etc.) and I won't be participating in any discussion.

What follows is verbatim from Matt's post on VLJF (second part follows with more detailed images).

'Received my BK Werber Size 40 custom in Antique Victory HH in the post last Monday, and been wearing it to work and whenever I can since...

Being a navy jacket man, I have small experience in the world of A-2's, and therefore nothing to compare with, except a minor fling with a US Wings version and the BK is something else.

I'm absolutely stoked with this jacket, from the time you open the box, look at it, put it on, zip it up, look in the mirror :roll: everything about it is quality. It looks old right from the box and the level of detail is astounding. my wife just loves it.

The antique finish I feel is not over done, and lends a 'used' look to it, the leather is super supple, and not shiny, more between a matte/satin finish, and luxurious in feel. This Werber is a custom meaning for a 40 it has 18' shoulders, and the length of sleeves and back are 25 1/2. Patches are from Sean (A2jacketpatches). The fit although trim is not tight, The Werber is known for its trimmer fit and this example is no exception but is very comfortable in the wearing, it just looks and feels like a second skin. At first there was no give in the leather, thinking I should have gone the extra 1/2 inch in length, but now after 5 days of wear it is already beginning to relax and show signs of drape.

Over the weekend I spent a total of 8 hours driving in it at 2 hour intervals, and aside from the classic (as I understand it now) no give back, I was comfortable all the times, even with a collar stand. Yes the sleeves do ride up a bit, but hay what a jacket. Part of that weekend involved a half hour ruff and tumble with my 2 10 year old nephews while wearing it and its already taken on more 'character' in the leather, be interesting to see it 6 months down the track.

There is a bit of drop in the stitching around the pocket flaps, where the stitching hasn't followed the contour; whether thats authentic or needs a little more practice I don't know as I'm not a tailor, but nonetheless I'm not bothered by it. The experience of wearing this jacket surpasses any other jacket (apart from my original M-422a) I've ever worn, is it worth the price, I guess it depends on what you consider worthy for that price. It does it for me.

here are the pics, forgive the expressions had no idea what was goin' on except if was very cold, must learn to smile... The leather is the correct colour in the photos, the knits are mid brown, but are showing much darker.'

schitzo

Suspended
Absolutely beautiful!

I assume this is the Antique Russet victory HH. If not, will somebody pls correct me.

fukigen

Familiar Face
this jacket is just great and looks great on you, wear it well!

I am a bit jealous, as I got A-2 with their former HH and depsite I like its grain (very grainy,almost like goat), yours is just fantastic and I wished I place the order now and not one year ago.

I didn't see the werber on BK website, how did you get it?

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Yup, Skip has another one that I can't see him selling anytime soon!

I really like this, a lot of Weber repros seem to be a very light russet but I much prefer this seemingly darker russet. The build quality and details are just outstanding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo