Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blank-firing Webley revolver

Les Gillis

One of the Regulars
Oddball Self Loader

1907 Winchester .351 SLR. It was popular with police and Gangsters through the 20s & 30s. They were used in limited numbers by the French, British and Americans in WW1. Interesting firearm; just obsolete and kind of forgotten.

Les

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Les Gillis said:
1907 Winchester .351 SLR. It was popular with police and Gangsters through the 20s & 30s. They were used in limited numbers by the French, British and Americans in WW1. Interesting firearm; just obsolete and kind of forgotten.

Les
Thanks.

That is a neat one.

Didn't Texas Ranger Captain Frank Hamer (Bonnie and Clyde) favor the .351?

Les Gillis

One of the Regulars
Hamer

At the ambush most historians believe he used a Remington Model 8. The Remington 8 is a .35 Remington which is more like a .30-30 and the 1907 Winchester that's a .351 Winchester that's more like a rimless .357.

A few others believe Hamer used a Colt Monitor Auto Rifle. It's a variation of the BAR. They have both of his rifles at the Texas Ranger Museum in Waco, Texas.

I have pictures of all three I can email or post if it's not too far off topic.

Les

dr greg

One Too Many
sublime to the....

I don't know if I've said this before, but in this country replica firearms are considered so dangerous that a film armourer charges a lot more to turn up with fakes than the real thing due to all the extra permits required. I know this from experience, and was also informed that if we went ahead without permits it was better to use real rifles as the fines were a lot less than for fake pistols or auto's.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
dr greg said:
I don't know if I've said this before, but in this country replica firearms are considered so dangerous that a film armourer charges a lot more to turn up with fakes than the real thing due to all the extra permits required. I know this from experience, and was also informed that if we went ahead without permits it was better to use real rifles as the fines were a lot less than for fake pistols or auto's.

The old "passing laws without thinking them through" virus is worldwide.

Whatever your opinion on gun laws as a whole, that kind of thing is just idiotic and shouldn't happen. If only for the sake of logic and respect for the law in general.

Les,

Thanks for the detail.

Baggers

Practically Family
DANGER, WILL ROBINSON, DANGER!!

Les Gillis said:
These aren't very loud and it's a.38 version; but it's a blank firing Webley. I have a couple of buddies that have Thompsons & MP-40s and they are less than thrilled with the report. One of them said the cases hitting the couch make more noise than the discharge does.

http://www.wwiiguns.com/store/product_details.php?p=368

Reports that this web site might be a scam have been rising to the surface for quite a while. Please do your research before sending any money.

A thread on the subject at another forum

Cheers!

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Baggers, I can't see that thread as I'm not a member there. Can you summarize the dispute? Also, I posted over at COW about this, too, but I updated it with a warning. Can you drop in there and provide a little detail, as well? Thanks!

Cobden

Practically Family
There are plug/cap firing Enfield revolver's out there, but I haven't seen Webley's. The one's I have seen vent downward

Les Gillis

One of the Regulars
Blank Firing MGs

When I started reenacting in the early 90s there were a couple of guys in the unit that were rumored to have gotten drunk and practiced clearing one of their houses with real MP-40s loaded with blanks.... :eek:

I thought about ordering one of the plug fire Thompsons last fall. We had a 1920s murder mystery dinner party that called for a shooting. The Tommygun would have been great. I emailed them and it took several days to respond and it was kind of a strange reply. Finally decided I didn't want to spend that much cash and just used a cap gun.

I seem to recall that there were non standard ammo sized blanks and that some reall weapons were converted to take them so that it would be impossible to chaber and fire any real ammo. OR was it the practice paint ball in cased ammo that gets used for police scenarios.

filfoster

One Too Many
Webley

Les Gillis said:
These aren't very loud and it's a.38 version; but it's a blank firing Webley. I have a couple of buddies that have Thompsons & MP-40s and they are less than thrilled with the report. One of them said the cases hitting the couch make more noise than the discharge does.

http://www.wwiiguns.com/store/product_details.php?p=368

Has anyone had a good experience buying from this site? I got a PPSH and Thompson from his (Miki Nakomura?) other site, Vietnamwarguns several years ago but had a devil of a time getting them sent. I tried to buy the Enfield revolver last fall and he finally just gave me a refund because he couldn't deliver it. If anyone on the board has one of these to sell, let me know.

indieflmkr

Familiar Face
Webley Blank firing

I believe there IS a replica blank firing Webley, as well as an Airsoft replica. I just ran across it will looking on a replica gun site. I am trying to find the link right now.

Also, Atlantic Wall Blanks also makes .455 blanks for Webleys.

Troy

filfoster

One Too Many
Blank firing Webley

indieflmkr said:
I believe there IS a replica blank firing Webley, as well as an Airsoft replica. I just ran across it will looking on a replica gun site. I am trying to find the link right now.

Also, Atlantic Wall Blanks also makes .455 blanks for Webleys.

Troy
The gun I tried to buy was a Marushin Enfield no 2, Mark 1 kit (dead ringer for the Webley) on the Tokyo Hobby site, operated by a Miki Nakamura (sp?) who also operates the wwiiwarguns site and the vietnamwarguns site and who knows what other sites. He has great stuff on the sites and did deliver two blank fire smg's and an M-16 kit, all fine, but this one was a bust. Love to get one from another vendor if they're out there. By the way, the Enfield kit is still shown on the Tokyo Hobby site but evidently not deliverable, based on my experience.

doctor dan

New in Town
Replica Weapons

Just a comment. Just wanted to say that I am glad I live in the USA where I can buy and own the real deal as long as I comply with state and federal laws and pay the necessary tax.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner