Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blondie Boopadoop

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I've notice there are many comics savvy people in the Lounge.
Do any of you know where I can find reprints of the Blondie strip by Chic Young from the 1930s or 1940s? Either printed reprints or on the internet.

Thank you,
The Wolf

jdjs

Familiar Face
Sadly, there have been few reprints (and very far between). One that does have a few samples is http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/swann/blondie/ . There was a collection published about 15 years back - it contained a good sample, but nothing continuous.

Perhaps writing to Fantagraphics (who are currently publishing the incredible collections of Peanuts and Dennis the Menace) might inspire them to do something similar.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Blondie is one of those underappreciated strips, and Chic Young and his son are underappreciated creators. The current run of Blondie was one of the best looking strips in the paper, though also one of the least funny - which is really saying something (Have you read Maramduke lately? or Drabble? Yikes.). A lot of papers have dropped it and its days are likely numbered. Look on ebay for collections of trimmed strips (cut out of the paper) and for running anthologies like The Menomee Falls Gazette for collections. Also, the strips were often edited to fit comic books, so looking for Blondie and/or Dagwood comic books might yield something.

Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn