Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bluegrass and Dr. Stanley

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
With the Dapper Dan stuff on here and the "O Brother, Where Art Thou" talks in the past I'd thought some would know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Stanley

from www.ralphstanley.net

Born February 25, 1927, in Stratton, Virginia, Ralph and his older brother, Carter, formed the seminal bluegrass ensemble the Stanley Brothers, who made a series of watershed recordings for Columbia Records from 1949 until 1952. Now 75 years old, Stanley has been performing professionally since he and Carter, formed their first group in their native southwestern Virginia in 1946. Between that date and 1966, when Carter died, the Stanley Brothers and the Clinch Mountain Boys became the most celebrated bluegrass groups in the world, ultimately rivaling in popularity such titans as Bill Monroe, Flatt & Scruggs, Jim & Jesse and the Osborne Brothers.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
O.K......

........that helps.....but mostly I was referring to what is now missing. Something you wrote in large purple letters about "calling people names" and saying things behind people's backs or something along those lines. You must have edited your post.

What was that all about?

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
It wasn't in the post, it was the signature. There is a member here who rarely contributes, save to bully me around a bit. I wanted him to be clear about what a bully was, so I put it in my signature. My 24 hour message, if you will. Am I breaking another rule or something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR