Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blueish-grey Royal Stetson and i'm officially out of the market.

A new one i picked up. I'm guessing it's an early-ish Royal Stetson because of the oilcloth-type (oiled silk/celluloid whatever) liner top. On the smaller side of 6 7/8 so i need to get it stretched up a bit to fit mein kopf. A couple small stains on the brim which should clean up nicely when i find some time to do so. You'll all see why this did not make it onto the wide brim thread ...

I love the colour of this hat. In daylight (and in the photos, i guess) it is a distinct shade of light blue - my only blue hat! I'm a great fan of the differently coloured brim binding and ribbon, and i like the very understated bow treatment on this hat. This one seems to be transitional between late 30s and early 40s styles. Note the increasing brim width, but still with the high crown.

BlueStetson2.jpg
BlueStetson3.jpg

I love this company logo. I can just imagine this guy in a bar at 3 AM. "Whaddaya mean you can't give me no more booze? Don't you know who i am? I'm Roy "Finer Things for Men" Greenlee!!!" And just because it was possibly sold in the town of Ogallala - great name.

BlueStetson4.jpg

the standard reorder tags found on most 40s-50s Stetsons

BlueStetson1.jpg

Here's the liner. I guess they used some nickel in the gold leaf for the gold lines. They have mostly smudged green onto the celluloid.

BlueStetson5.jpg

And my ugly mug. Amazingly, sans horrific shirt. Just a T-shirt this time. HOrrid red marks on side of nose from spectacles. I assure you that all pupil dilation is the result of camera flash. No booze involved (yeah, right).

BlueStetson6.jpg

And with that, i think my hat collection is complete. I now have one of every desired colour (at least desired by me), and more than one of each. I have the fortune to be a small head size, and so have found it relatively easy to pick up the desireable vintage hats. Sadly about half of them are currently languishing unloved in England. We shall be reunited soon!

I am now officially out of the online hat market (except, of course, for amazing deals and the odd upcoming trimming of my collection). eBay is off limits for hats for me from now on forward to the end of my days. I see a Chevalier/DOUGLAS-inspired "all of my vintage hats" thread in the making.

bk

moustache

Practically Family
Baron Kurtz said:
A new one i picked up. I'm guessing it's an early-ish Royal Stetson because of the oilcloth-type (oiled silk/celluloid whatever) liner top. On the smaller side of 6 7/8 so i need to get it stretched up a bit to fit mein kopf. A couple small stains on the brim which should clean up nicely when i find some time to do so. You'll all see why this did not make it onto the wide brim thread ...

I love the colour of this hat. In daylight (and in the photos, i guess) it is a distinct shade of light blue - my only blue hat! I'm a great fan of the differently coloured brim binding and ribbon, and i like the very understated bow treatment on this hat. This one seems to be transitional between late 30s and early 40s styles. Note the increasing brim width, but still with the high crown.

BlueStetson2.jpg
BlueStetson3.jpg

I love this company logo. I can just imagine this guy in a bar at 3 AM. "Whaddaya mean you can't give me no more booze? Don't you know who i am? I'm Roy "Finer Things for Men" Greenlee!!!" And just because it was possibly sold in the town of Ogallala - great name.

BlueStetson4.jpg

BlueStetson1.jpg

Here's the liner. I guess they used some nickel in the gold leaf for the gold lines. They have mostly smudged green onto the celluloid.

BlueStetson5.jpg

And my ugly mug. Amazingly, sans horrific shirt. Just a T-shirt this time. HOrrid red marks on side of nose from spectacles. I assure you that all pupil dilation is the result of camera flash. No booze involved (yeah, right).

BlueStetson6.jpg

And with that, i think my hat collection is complete. I now have one of every desired colour (at least desired by me), and more than one of each. I have the fortune to be a small head size, and so have found it relatively easy to pick up the desireable vintage hats. Sadly about half of them are currently languishing unloved in England. We shall be reunited soon!

I am now officially out of the online hat market (except, of course, for amazing deals and the odd upcoming trimming of my collection). eBay is off limits for hats for me from now on forward to the end of my days. I see a Chevalier/DOUGLAS-inspired "all of my vintage hats" thread in the making.

bk

Stunning!!!!!That is a BEAUTIFUL hat my friend!!!
I'm envious!

JD

Feraud

Bartender
Very nice, love the color!
I have expressed the "I am finished buying hats" comment a few times in the past. I always end up seeing "The Hat" somewhere...

Looking forward to seeing the collection!

Yes, well. I suspect i'll find more i want, too. But certainly i'm out of the online auction market. I just can't be bothered with the bidding any more. I guess if americanvitage classics lists a hat i want i might buy it, but other than that: I'm out.

Thanks for the good comments, chaps. Everyone who's seen it in person so far has loved it.

bk

The Duke

One of the Regulars
Baron,

I was waiting for you to post this hat, excellent color and just my size, if you can't stretch it successfully, just send it to me;)

Beautiful hat!

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Kudos to you

Baron Kurtz said:

BlueStetson2.jpg
BlueStetson3.jpg

BlueStetson4.jpg

BlueStetson1.jpg

BlueStetson5.jpg

BlueStetson6.jpg

bk

OUTSTANDING Barron, that is one heck of a hat to end on. Kind of like Elway ending his career with a SuperBowl win.

Razzman

One Too Many
That is one very classy hat. Congratulations on a great pick-up.:eusa_clap
I would very much enjoy viewing your hat collection in a FL thread.
Enjoy.

nulty

One of the Regulars
Nice hat..It's interesting to see how different folks gravitate toward a style that suits them well...You've shown some great hats..

and yeah ..the bidding can become a burden.....

Very nice hat. I know my wife is hoping I'll stay out of the market. I have my collection of ORs and OR wanna-bes to wear mainly with boots and jeans during the Fall and Winter. What's driving her crazy (one of my favorite past-times) is now I'm gathering all the hat care stuff (brim ring, ring stand, crown block, etc.). I'm going to have to lay off for a while on the purchases.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That Royal Stetson is a fine way to 'retire' from bidding, Baron

It's a great-looking hat in a superb colour!

:eek:fftopic: I get those red marks from my spectacles rubbing on the sides of my nose as well. They get worse in summer with the heat. :(

The Duke

One of the Regulars
Wow!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap I need to add some nice lids like yours Marc to my collection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats