Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOARDWALK EMPIRE (HBO) - Everything you wanted to bootleg about the Show!

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Jimmy's Undershirt is a "Scandals" by REIS

Jimmy has been shown several times in an undershirt in multiple episodes. I'm 99% sure that it is a "Scandals" undershirt by Reis.

That's right, the brand was called "Scandals":

Here's a link to an add: http://www.flickr.com/photos/christianmontone/4087830253/in/photostream/

I had quite a bit of underwear in the collection from Hirsch's, including multiple boxes of Reis brand briefs and undershirts. I actually kept a few of the undershirts for myself, and they are my favorite undershirts, ever! It has to be the same brand shirt. It looks identical. I can tell by the way the shirt is cut, and the way it puckers on the neckline.

Based on the add, it looks like the shirts date back to the 40's, so I'm not sure if the shirt is appropriate for the early 20's.

Thought y'all might be interested to see a view of the pile of underwear, as we found them. The green boxes are mostly Reis brand:

000_0110.jpg

Here's a package of the Scandals briefs, featuring the patented "non-sag pouch" (0h my! :D):

000_0109.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Im trying to find a leather coat like the one "Al Capone" has been wearing. Car coat length, with the belt and wool collar. Almost like a B3 but longer and belted.

Not seen the how so I can't comment authoritatively, but it doesn't sound a million miles away from the Aero Barnstormer with shearling collar?

They really plugged the Irish song..."I wish I was in Carrickfergus!" Obviously none of those gents had ever been, as they'd realise what a 'dump' it is!! Only nice thing about it is the old Norman Castle overlooking Belfast Lough. Just shows...Ireland is always greener on the other side of the pond!!

HAH! I went to school in Carrickfergus, grey up in the next village over, about five miles north. Still have friends living there, but yeah, it wouldn't be somewhere I'd choose to move myself. It's just an average small town in the North of Ireland, really, but it's run by.... well, some less than savoury types with more time on their hands than used to be the case, capice?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Something about Mrs. McGarry reminds me of our own Lizzie Maine, albeit decades older. Part look, part attitude...:eek:

family3.png

ukali1066

Practically Family
I'm loving every minute of this gorgeous production.....

I don't watch TV series usually...but this and the walking dead are two I make an effort for....

missjo

Practically Family
So, how about authenticity?
Spot any mistakes?
I think I've spotted some cart board matchboxes, back then these would probably be made of very thin wood?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
There have been several shots of Old Gold cigarette packs. Old Golds weren't introduced until 1926. Rothstien must have brought them back from the future when he time-traveled to get tips for sports betting.

Last edited:

swinggal

One Too Many
Chalky is my main concern. He sounds way too modern, too hip. The maid is wonderful. Her slang and way of speaking fits with the era. Chalky is the only person on the show who's modern vocab stands out to me like like a sore thumb. Quite a few people I know have said the same.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Lucy has scars under her breasts...and her lips look injected.
Her breasts are real (were they not they wouldn't be missized ;)); the scars you see are the result of repeated surgeries to deal with her lifelong battle with cystic hygroma. And I doubt she uses collagen as she is reputedly a very natural woman.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
The Dectective Van Alden character has become more and more unhinged. After the last episodes baptism scene I suspect he's a goner.

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Her breasts are real (were they not they wouldn't be missized ;)); the scars you see are the result of repeated surgeries to deal with her lifelong battle with cystic hygroma. And I doubt she uses collagen as she is reputedly a very natural woman.

How do you know this? Better yet, WHY do you know this? :D

KY Gentleman said:
The Dectective Van Alden character has become more and more unhinged. After the last episodes baptism scene I suspect he's a goner.

He is beyond unhinged; he's bent! My bet is, he will be a goner at his own doing.

I noticed next Sunday is the Season Finale, not the Series Finale. Can we then expect more Boardwalk Empire next season?

Doublegun

Practically Family
I've watched every episode but I am starting to grow weary of the sex. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a prude but I think the show almost features that stuff when it should be incidental to the plot/story. The violence, I can understand but not the sex which seems to be there primarily to satisfy purient interests.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran