Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOARDWALK EMPIRE (HBO) - Everything you wanted to bootleg about the Show!

tecolote

New in Town
Harrow's guns are: pistols from top to bottom: Smith & Wesson .44 Triple Lock,Remington Model 51,Savage 1903,Colt 1903, and a Webley MKVI .455.
The shotgun is a Remington Model 11, and the rifle is a scoped, "sporterized" M1917 Enfield in .30-06.
Nucky seems to be using a nickel plated .38 Colt Police Positive Special.
The show gets it mostly right as to firearms.

Regards,

Tecolote

I'm thinking that Gyp gave Chalky little choice but to side with Nucky et al in this shootin' war.

Rosetti and his little army paid a visit to Chalky's oceanside settlement, where Rosetti all but demanded admittance into the house. On Chalky's refusal, Gyp says something to the effect of "I was hoping you and I would get along" -- a threat so thinly veiled as to be out there in its birthday suit.

Rosetti is a Johnny One Note. His repertoire includes intimidation and, uh, intimidation. People like that end up alone, one way or another.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Clips from tonight episode.

[video=youtube_share;Nkw4d2XAyo0]http://youtu.be/Nkw4d2XAyo0[/video]
[video=youtube_share;Jh13c0R3P1k]http://youtu.be/Jh13c0R3P1k[/video]

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
HBO says of “Margate Sands”:
Desperate to weaken Gyp’s (Bobby Cannavale) alliance with Masseria (Ivo Nandi) and reclaim Atlantic City, Nucky (Steve Buscemi) cedes control of one of his prized assets to Rothstein (Michael Stuhlbarg). Harrow (Jack Huston) returns to Gillian’s (Gretchen Mol) brothel for some unfinished business; Luciano (Vincent Piazza) is forced to take on a new heroin partner after being arrested in New York; Chalky (Michael Kenneth Williams) and Capone (Stephen Graham) put their enmity on hold while taking on Masseria’s men; Margaret (Kelly Macdonald) decides to end one relationship and considers resuming another. Written by Terence Winter and Howard Korder; directed by Tim Van Patten.

Feraud

Bartender
Great episode tonight! I enjoyed all the storylines. Unfortunately Gillian is still warm and likely to cause trouble for Richard.

Yes that is Jack Huston in the commercial.

Well, that was a laugh a minute, eh?

Best exchange? Hard choice, but I had to love Joe Masseria's not so subtle warning to Rosetti during their meeting at the Artemis Club, when Masseria looks at his watch and then sets the mantle clock, just so Rosetti knows what time it is.

Last edited:
That was so much fun the dewy-eyed bride and I watched it again.

The episode, especially in its early moments, pays homage to gangster flicks of yore. The news guys hounding the mayor interspersed with those bang-bang hit scenes was big kicks. Just like the old days.

I was surprised that Nucky and Eli, on reviewing the carnage at the Artemis Club and finding a doped-out Gillian there, didn't know it was Richard who left the bodies behind. I guess I missed how Richard knew that Masseria had called off his guys. But then, I'm assuming he did know that. It was unlikely enough that one guy would singlehandedly bump off so many of Rosetti's crew, let alone all those Masseria boys who had cut out just moments prior. (I keep reminding myself that to enjoy these kinds of tales, it's best not to examine 'em too darned closely.) Sure was satisfying, though, to see him off the guy who was holding the gun to little Tommy's head.

So, Rothstein gets Masseria to call off his guys by getting Nucky to hand over the Overholt distillery. But then Nucky burns 'em both, bad, first by passing along to Gaston Means, who passed along to Andrew Mellon, who passed along to Esther Randolph, that the distillery had fallen into the hands of a known criminal; and then by having Capone's and Chalky's fellas mow down Masseria's men as they made their way out of town.

Remember last week's episode, when Meyer Lansky told Luciano not to make the five-pound deal? How Lansky told him that he didn't know these guys he'd be dealing with and how "everything is connected"? Luciano said he wouldn't, but, alas, he lied.

Last edited:

Feraud

Bartender
So, Rothstein gets Masseria to call off his guys by getting Nucky to hand over the Overholt distillery. But then Nucky burns 'em both, bad, first by passing along to Gaston Means, who passed along to Andrew Mellon, who passed along to Esther Randolph, that the distillery had fallen into the hands of a known criminal; and then by having Capone's and Chalky's fellas mow down Masseria's men as they made their way out of town.
As much as I like Rothstein I hope we get to see that greedy sob sweat over his 99% share in the Overholt distillery.

Doublegun

Practically Family
Richard went there to clean house and take Tommy, regardless who was there. I wasn't surprised at the carnage; Richard is a true killer whereas Gyp's men were just street goons. Richard didn't know that Masseria's men were gone and it didn't matter. I would have enjoyed watching Gyp squirm at the end of Richard's gun or better yet, his knife.

And I keep reminding myself that to enjoy a tale such as this (which I do, by the way, quite a bit), it's best not to examine it too darned closely.

Richard Harrow is a great character, and the scene in the Artemis Club was a thrill (how many guys did he kill?), but really, this is the sort of thing that happens only in fiction.

Sierra Charriba

One of the Regulars
Richard kills eleven men in Artemis club. Maybe two more, because in two times he shoots but the target is out of camera. He declared 63 kills in episode 3, so now is 74/76 confirmated kills. Yesterday was one of best shooting scene in Tv for years. Richard is the man. A one man "Wild Bunch". A Tarentinian hero.

Richard kills eleven men in Artemis club. Maybe two more, because in two times he shoots but the target is out of camera. He declared 63 kills in episode 3, so now is 74/76 confirmated kills. Yesterday was one of best shooting scene in Tv for years. Richard is the man. A one man "Wild Bunch". A Tarentinian hero.

True but in reality, with only one eye, you lose stereoscopic vision and would likely not be able to shoot accurately that quickly. :p

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24