Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boater faction!

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Stetson Select Boater, 26 L black ribbon, 2 3/8" brim

Another victory. The straw is so clean it's almost glowing.
26 ligne (2 1/4"), that's quite a ribbon. Love it.

P1050634.jpg

P1050650.jpg

P1050649.jpg

P1050647.jpg

P1050648.jpg

P1050640.jpg

P1050642.jpg

P1050639.jpg

P1050637.jpg

Dubya

One of the Regulars
Damn yer eyes Sir!!
Is that a 7 1/4 (Yank size)? If so, that's a 7 1/8 in Her Majestys size!! My size in fact!

A fantastic hat fella!

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab

lol lol Marty Feldman was crazy as a bat! lol lol

Dubya, the Stetson Select is indeed a 1/4 US size.
Do you already own Boaters? If not, I should mention that choosing your size for Boaters can be a little tricky, at least in my (limited) experience. The tag size that you use for soft hats (your actual head size) may not always work for Boaters with their rigid construction, especially if you're not dead-on size. With the stiff hats or stiff-brim hats (Bowlers, Homburgs and Boaters), I usually wear the next larger size - I'm 57.3cm and wear 1/8 for soft hats, 1/4 for stiff hats.
The other Boater (Stetson Standard, posted one page back) is a 1/8 and works, too. It has a comfort sweat construction that works just fine.

Dubya

One of the Regulars
lol lol Marty Feldman was crazy as a bat! lol lol

Dubya, the Stetson Select is indeed a 1/4 US size.
Do you already own Boaters? If not, I should mention that choosing your size for Boaters can be a little tricky, at least in my (limited) experience. The tag size that you use for soft hats (your actual head size) may not always work for Boaters with their rigid construction, especially if you're not dead-on size. With the stiff hats or stiff-brim hats (Bowlers, Homburgs and Boaters), I usually wear the next larger size - I'm 57.3cm and wear 1/8 for soft hats, 1/4 for stiff hats.
The other Boater (Stetson Standard, posted one page back) is a 1/8 and works, too. It has a comfort sweat construction that works just fine.

Ahem! :D

Excuse the 'smell under my nose' look! :p The boater is a Dunn & Co. :D

An auction hat that no one wanted... sometimes I have to adopt these strays. Rather nice, rustic straw in good condition and a good fit as well. The ribbon is tall - a touch off the golden ratio to my eye. I have a Dobbs milan ribbon that has been looking for a home... hmmmm.

kenilworth1.jpg

kenilworth2.jpg

kenilworth3.jpg

kenilworth4.jpg

kenilworth5.jpg

kenilworth6.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
An auction hat that no one wanted... sometimes I have to adopt these strays. Rather nice, rustic straw in good condition and a good fit as well. The ribbon is tall - a touch off the golden ratio to my eye. I have a Dobbs milan ribbon that has been looking for a home... hmmmm.

kenilworth1.jpg

Excellent purchase, Alan!! I really wanted that one but unfortunately got tied up and totally missed the auction. The rustic weave really caught my eye. I'm really glad you rescued that one from the bay. It should prove to be very cool this summer. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I just bought my first boater!
It's a Stetson medalist, 1949.
Pardon the fact there are no photos of me wearing it, I'm sicker than a dog right now and not looking my best.
IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Nice one, Mr. Vim. Are you well enough to pose now?

I just saw this Stetson on Etsy. The seller wants $225. Steep, but it's a 7 3/8 and has what seems to be a very unusual weave.

il_fullxfull.327116019.jpg

TipTop

Practically Family

kenilworth6.jpg

Great find/weave Alan. That must be really old too: back before the second generation of Worths, when they were still in the dog business.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo