Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bogie poster on eBay...

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
It sure is MK looked for ever and told us all about it. Then Andykev gets one and i did a few days later from the same seller. I guess its feast or famon as they say.

Ilove mine !!:D

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
This guy must have quite the stash of them to sell!

What kind of quality did you get with the posters you bought from him?

Brad Bowers

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
What kind of quality did you get with the posters you bought from him?

Brad Bowers

My poster was perfect!! She charged $20.00 for the poster and $10.00 on the shipping.:cool2:

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
I couldn't help myself, I had to buy it. That poster is quintessential Bogart, all the way.

I'm in the middle of reading Chandler's Philip Marlowe Series after starting with 'The Big Sleep' . I like to read books in chronological order according to date of publication. Anyway, with Bogie (or Bogey which is it?) on the mind my hand moved independant of the rest of my body to the 'buy it now' button. Can't wait to get it!

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The poster

It is great, and I was somewhat miffed at the shipping (whopping $10) which drove the price up..but when the stiff tube arrived, I knew it was standard for this type of item.

I am planning to have the poster mounted on a particle board with the matte finish, with the support strips on the back, and hanging wire.

It is a very nice poster. Now, where to hang it?

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
I agree Andy but what we paid compared to MK we all still got a Deal.
I'd rather have Ebay sellers price there goods fairly with exact postage. Some what to make you think you got a deal then gouge you with the postage.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Here is the way mine is displayed:

bogart_poster.jpg

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
You are correct, Sir!

Originally posted by SHARPETOYS

I'd rather have Ebay sellers price there goods fairly with exact postage. Some what to make you think you got a deal then gouge you with the postage.

I have honestly been "burned" only two or three times on Ebay with sellers "padding" the postage. I admit that some quoted a price for shipping, and when the box arrived I noticed a much bigger bill. So it all balances out. Except for the time I bought a pair of shoes, and the lady gave me the shipping. I paid and sent the money order, upon which she emailed me saying she made a mistate and was .90 cents shy of the cost. I refused, as the stamp was .37, envelope .05, and a postal money order was .85. I emailed her back, saying for under a dollar, she should be more careful, but if she insisted, I would send a buck in an envelope. She just sent the shoes. They were terribly worn and not as described.....but that's another story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner