Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borlesoni? Excuse me?

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks cool to me

Looks like a nicely made hat. I'd jump for it if it were a
7 1/2 or 7 5/8. Love the idea of an Italian take on an
American classic.

No, never heard of Borlesoni. Probably wasn't marketed
over here. Who knows- the felt could even come from
one of Borsalino's old suppliers.

Winkydink

Familiar Face
the levine hats catalog, hard copy, couldn't find it in their online one, lists a "Demensional by Barlesoni. Stylish downturned brim with matching band. A popular style for dress or casual wear. $95.00."

maybe the ebay is legit

you can call levine hat at 800-875-3359.

let us know,

winky.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Yes! It's true.

Borlesoni001.jpg

And I just became the proud owner of a "Borlesoni" today, so I'm resurrecting this old thread.

Borlesoni002.jpg

Not bad overall. Made of "Imported Furs", but not as soft as something like a vintage Resistol of course. Looks to have been made in the 80s maybe, though I'm not sure.

Borlesoni003.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
speaking of hats that sound like borsalino-
I'm waiting for my Brasiliano to show up in the mail.
Probably a crappy knockoff, but hey, with shipping from italy, it came out to 8 bucks.
c46188b.jpg

c46188a.jpg

cooncatbob

Practically Family
Maj.Nick Danger said:
My Barlesoni is a 7-5/8,...my size, but feels more like a 7-1/2 on my head. :( Maybe it's destined for the e-place too,...[huh]

Mines a 7 1/8 and it easily stretched out to fit my 7 1/4 long oval head.
Bob.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Barlesoni Hats

Barlesoni was a name used here in the US during the 1960's until the early 1980's by companies such as Bollman hats and Goodwear Manufacturing for various stores. We sold them years ago as a low end hat . They sold at that time for 18.99 till 35.00 . I still have a few (small sizes ) if anyone wants one.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

Fletch

I'll Lock Up

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fletch said:
barlesoni_dimensional_MED.jpg

MANALIVE!!1 Is this d00d stylin' or what?! :D lol :p

No, seriously, this picture must be at least 25 years old, and at most about 35 years old. He looks like he's going up in the elevator to Dr. Hartley's group therapy. James Lileks could probably give you his life story in fewer lines than these.

Yeah, I always thought Levine's had the most cheeseball photos imaginable...
knox_dr_knox_MED.jpg

J.S.Udontknowme

A-List Customer
Fletch said:
barlesoni_dimensional_MED.jpg

MANALIVE!!1 Is this d00d stylin' or what?! :D lol :p

No, seriously, this picture must be at least 25 years old, and at most about 35 years old. He looks like he's going up in the elevator to Dr. Hartley's group therapy. James Lileks could probably give you his life story in fewer lines than these.
:eek: I've got a brown one.

levine.jpg

Lonn

Familiar Face
Just got mine

Did you re-ebay your hat, Nick? I just got one I won on ebay and it looks just like your photos if they are a little lighter than true. Mine is a 7 5/8 black. It's not as soft as my Stetsonian, but it's nice and goes well with my dark suits; which is what I wanted.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Don't know if this is a "knock-off" brand, but my new Panalite is pretty cool. I bought this off of Etsy for $15. The seller advertised it as vintage, but it has a modern band, and that it looked like it had never been worn, but needed an obvious cleaning. Hey, it was $15. Anyhoo, the dimensions are really nice, and I can get over the small holes / pulls in the straw. Here's a few shots...

Barlesoni "Panalite"
Crown height - a little over 5 1/2" OC (4" at the front, 4 1/4" at the back, and 4 3/4" on the sides)
Brim width - 2 3/8"
Ribbon - 1", red & black stripe

image_1-5.jpg

image_2-4.jpg

image_3-4.jpg

image_4-2.jpg

image_5-1.jpg

image-4.jpg

image_2-3.jpg

image_1-4.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
Barlesoni is a real Italian hatmaker of some distinction. They make quality hats. I had the same thought and looked them up before buying a very nice vintage felt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou