Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borsalino sizing, help!

Gavin Ramejkis

New in Town
Posted this on another thread but hopefully get a reply here, I'm an avid wearer of Tweeds, Three Piece Suits including pocket watch and pocket squares to work (IT Consultancy in Banks etc) always had a love of hats especially Fedoras (wider brim) and Homburgs, am looking at buying a new Borsalino Fedora as I've quite a large head size at 24" and simply can't find a vintage Borsalino Fedora that would fit, do we have any Borsalino owners on here who can confirm if Borsalino sizing is on the larger or smaller side? So a 62cm isn't a 62 it's larger or smaller? It's quite an investment but one I would love to make and looking for some friendly advice, I will be buying one this week

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Not sure what size you need, but if the hat size is a 62, that should indeed mean 62cm in diameter. As to how the newer Borso's fit, not sure if they run a bit on the snug size or not?

Gavin Ramejkis

New in Town
Thank you, it's been on my mind for a few weeks now, even looked at traditional milliners hat stretchers but wouldn't want to risk ruining a good hat

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Agreed, the sizing varies depending on the thickness of leather I`d say, and you'd be better off with a cm larger than you think, if only to allow for shrinkage

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn