Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borsalino your Cup of Tea???

MattC

A-List Customer
Furry Borsalinos

I've got three of these, all from the same shop in Milan. One light grey, one med brown, and a black one. The black one is especially unusual because the short "hairs" that give it the furry look are brown instead of white. It also has a strange liner; under the yellow plastic Borsos had in the early 50s, it has a picture of a guy making a hat. The picture is surrounded by words in Italian, part of which appears to refer to a place in Rome. All three hats say "Qualita Extra Extra Superior." Unlike most Borsos, the sweat is not stitched directly onto the hat, but has instead the arrangement used in most American hats. The black hat I loved immediately; the other two grew on me (I sent the grey one to Graham at Optimo to clean, and it looked a lot better when he finished with it).

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Furry Update!

Here's some more and better Hairy Hat pics.

The 'Angora' by Borsalino, probably late '40s...

On closer inspection, it has a self-felted over-welted edge-
I thought it would be easy to sew the welt and then brush it but it seems to be felted.

Ang_side.jpg

Ang_Frnt.jpg

Ang_Bsh.jpg

Ang_In.jpg

B
T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace