Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borsalino your Cup of Tea???

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Anyone like this one???

c6_1_b.jpg

6d_1_b.jpg

B
T

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
JP-
It's 'Angora'! It has a Blue label in the crown of the liner- so it's 'vintage' but the actual vintage remains to be evaluated.

The model is called 'Angora' (stamped in the sweatband) and it was for the US market- sold by 'The B.R. Baker Co.'(also stamped in the sweat),Toledo, Ohio-
a big time, downtown Toledo Menswear Store that ran for 80 years or so.
It's new old stock, unworn and still has the BR Baker price tag.
But it has come from over this side, not the US.

I think it's really nice.
Would you say it's a 'desirable' hat?

B
T

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Furry?, up close and personal?
What you driving at Bob..?

But that it 'looks OK to you' is a true blessing, a real load off my mind, thanks.

Wild Root has a proper '30s Furry one- I always admired that one...

1111174img3fd.jpg

1111175img0ea.jpg

The shaggy finish is a peculiarity, a novelty- that's what's different and appealing about it- that and the colour, I need a grey hat.

B
T

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
50-50 review

I'm not a fan of the fuzzy finish, and wouldn't go in for this hat. That said, I can admit that it's nice anyway. The texture and color variation caused by the finish is interesting. Like you say, novel.

Siirous

One of the Regulars
Maybe a little OCD

I think that although the furry finish looks good as long as it's not really really furry, I'd find myself constantly trying to brush it down flat in one direction; like trying to comb it. My girlfriend once tried to talk me into some form of microsuede couch. But as soon as I realized I would keep brushing out all marks it made when you rubbed it in the wrong direction, I had to say no. I'd be trying to do the same with the hat *twitch* ;)

With Respect,
Rob

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Vladimir Berkov said:
I think the fuzzy hat can be a nice look. Here is a pic I especially like, I have been working on reproducing this ensemble for a while.

brideshead4.JPG
moments after this photo was taken the walking stick was used to beat a servant for not putting enough of a shine on the grill of the Bentley... ;)

havershaw

Practically Family
I like fuzzy hats, too. I don't think I'd own more than one...but I would own one. Matt Deckard has the one I admire most (or at least, the one that's closest to what I would wear). Root's tastes run a little more traditional 30s than mine...I like a bigger brim, on myself.

BellyTank said:
JP-
It's 'Angora'! It has a Blue label in the crown of the liner- so it's 'vintage' but the actual vintage remains to be evaluated.

The model is called 'Angora' (stamped in the sweatband) and it was for the US market- sold by 'The B.R. Baker Co.'(also stamped in the sweat),Toledo, Ohio-
a big time, downtown Toledo Menswear Store that ran for 80 years or so.
It's new old stock, unworn and still has the BR Baker price tag.
But it has come from over this side, not the US.

I think it's really nice.
Would you say it's a 'desirable' hat?

B
T

I would say it is a desirable hat. To reproduce another one like it today would likely run you over $600. If you paid less than that and the hat fits then you have quite a deal there. ;)
I am not sure about the label. Any pictures?

Regards to all,

J

Roger

A-List Customer
It's a matter of personal taste

If the hat works for you then it would be "desirable". If it's not your cup of tea then it would not be "desirable". Fuzzy hats, in my opinion look shabby. But, I wouldn't stop someone or degrade them for choosing such a hat. :cheers1: On the right head with the correct suit it may look good. If you're happy with it then it is "desirable". :cheers1:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace