Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bowler hats anyone?

Charlie Huang

Practically Family
LordBest said:
In my limited experience a bowler seems to attract less attention than a fedora. It may just be the people in my area, but I get far fewer odd looks and next to no comments when I wear my bowler than I do in any of my fedoras. I think perhaps because it is black it stands out less.

Opposite here in Blighty! And especially so with the credit crunch and the distain on the bankers!

Dreispitz

One Too Many
LordBest said:
In my limited experience a bowler seems to attract less attention than a fedora. It may just be the people in my area, but I get far fewer odd looks and next to no comments when I wear my bowler than I do in any of my fedoras. I think perhaps because it is black it stands out less.

In Germany, fedoras are not so rare. Bowlers are! I can tell you, donning one down town makes you an attention magnet. Alongside pinstripe and overcoat works best lol

immortaldiamond

Familiar Face
Dreispitz said:
In Germany, fedoras are not so rare. Bowlers are! I can tell you, donning one down town makes you an attention magnet. Alongside pinstripe and overcoat works best lol
I actually think that bowlers today look best when they are worn outside of the traditional city-gent look. They will go with anything --- best to find one with a low crown though. Jeans and a bowler - perfect!

Dreispitz

One Too Many
immortaldiamond said:
I actually think that bowlers today look best when they are worn outside of the traditional city-gent look. They will go with anything --- best to find one with a low crown though. Jeans and a bowler - perfect!

Absolutely! Most times, I wear my bowlers along casual outfits. It is amaizing how versatile this style of hat is. It goes well alongside almost the whole range of apparel.

Lokar

A-List Customer
Brad Bowers said:
I've been doing my gardening while wearing my derby lately. No idea why, I just like wearing it .lol

Brad

I think I'd get even more odd looks if I did that! My wife and I have a very small garden, but we love having fresh produce so we're growing many vegetables anyway. None of our neighbours care for gardens, they just have grass and possibly a few flowers in a pot - They give us the oddest looks when our garden is full of life!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou